Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

Thank you all for the hard work!

I came back to play after a long break and managed to rejoin during the chaos.  Now that I'm back online, the game seems to hang about 30-50% of the time when I transition to or from space to station and I need to use Task Manager to kill the process.  Is this normal?  If not, is there something I can configure/change?  I've just updated NVIDIA drivers and of course rebooted, and I've tried swapping resolution and full screen vs windowed, issue persists...

19 hours ago, Maldehyde said:

How do you install it in Linux? I'm using Proton with Steam, is there eventually a better option?

I just used Lutris, with the runner and DXVK I already had installed and it's running great. Only weirdness so far is right clicking a skill to change the level when holding Alt doesn't work.

Tomorrow it is, too stoned for this shit tonight. 

Cheers, 

Thanks to anyone that has spent time on this, you're loved to the bone

10 hours ago, JayHiking said:

I came back to play after a long break and managed to rejoin during the chaos.  Now that I'm back online, the game seems to hang about 30-50% of the time when I transition to or from space to station and I need to use Task Manager to kill the process.  Is this normal?  If not, is there something I can configure/change?  I've just updated NVIDIA drivers and of course rebooted, and I've tried swapping resolution and full screen vs windowed, issue persists...

I would recommend you double check to see if 'delete .th6 files' is checked on the launcher. Those can cause weird behaviors with loading new sectors or leaving them and entering stations if they get corrupted, that's what that option is in the launcher. 

If you have it checked and it's still happening then we might have to go a bit deeper but hadn't heard this as a widescale kinda issue yet.

A happy fix, at least for me, after the resurrection.  I noticed on activatable devices (Chimaera, Thordis's Lament), the range to target and the effective range are no longer 0.0, and show true readings.

Thank you all for the tremendous effort to bring EnB back again.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, hard-working fixers and lurkers,

As one who not yet installed the emulator, although I think I've registered a Net-7 username (Hsien, verified) and a Game username (possibly two 😕 but at least one is Hsien1), is this the place I should bookmark to see when things are OK to proceed?   I've tried the downloads but the names go red and don't download.  Could easily be a problem of my own making when registering for whatever; or it could be at your end. 

I see astonishing efforts by people whose attachment to this game is laudable.  Thank you, however this turns out.  <bows>

Hsien (pronounced "Shen")

28 minutes ago, Woodstock HGM said:

It appears the downloads pages are not yet working,

i just tried them out,  

Ah, OK, then.  Thank you, Woodstock!  I will keep an eye out here for the "All Clear" when it occurs.  All the best luck to all of you.  Hsien.

On 4/20/2023 at 9:00 PM, JayHiking said:

I roughly have this same issue, I've noticed for me windowed or full screen the more I tab over to something else the game begins to become very sluggish and after a few tabs it will hang at loading screens. Also have to kill process to shut it down, I have 'delete .th6 files' checked as well.

Is the server going to be up again on Sunday, it has been a really boring Saturday with it being down all day! not really complaining, just withdrawal syndrome kicking in :(

2 hours ago, markemt said:

Here is what we should have got.

It took a minute to write this.

Dear player base, we are aware the server and game is down again.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated while we troubleshoot and correct the issue.

We will give an update as soon as we know more.

Thank You.

Or, and I am just spit-balling here, maybe understand that as volunteers providing a free service to the player base after dealing with more than two months of hell trying to bring things back online, maybe let them update us when they can. Sure, check the forums for the updates, but to post something like this shows a total lack of respect for what they have done for us, and been put through for a hobby that they love.

just sayin'

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, markemt said:

Your patience and understanding is appreciated while we troubleshoot and correct the issue.

Thank You.

You    ,  again  ,, with what SHOULD BE DONE, according to you. 

Man, would you just chill for minute,, WTF is your problem. Underwear too tight ?

Edited by Schmorgan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Phaider said:

Is the server going to be up again on Sunday, it has been a really boring Saturday with it being down all day! not really complaining, just withdrawal syndrome kicking in :(

I wasnt aware the server was down?

Hmm....i wonder why....anyway, i started it now again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, markemt said:

Thank You.

I am very sorry and apologize for my horrible lack of common sense and misunderstanding my "duty".

I was freightfully bold and visited my very good friends on saturday with my wife.

We had a superb day, we were like 100 miles away from any computer and we had a blast sitting around the BBQ watching our 3 yrs. old (grand-) niece becoming such a sweet girl.

Now, coming back, i see that you had an aweful, boring day, being very upset about my selfish, egoistic attitude not monitoring "your" server 24/7 and taking care about your personal well-being.

You are totally right, we are all have very bad communication skills and totally missed our professional duties.

I will reject myself immediatly from any position and suggest that Kyp and David (Net-7 owners, board runners, Admins/CEO) will do the same.

I dont have the position to do so, but i simply WILL do so because i totally respect you demanding this.

Please forgive me...forgive the whole team and anyone else.

Of course you will not have to attend our funerals in the future because we are unworthy, low life forms...

• Like 4

Zack how dare you have a life and visit friends when the server is down. Some of you are Typical live in your mothers basement idiots that if you can't get your way throw a fit. MarkemT are you happy now that Zack found your Binky and favorite blanket again, i just can't for the life of me understand how so many people are just a%%holes and all they care is if the server is down because as i stated have no live other than a computer and a served pop tart from their mother. Zack and Kyp for the rest of us that have lives i attended a crawfish boil and drank beer and spent time outside yesterday anyway thank you for all the hard work that you do i and alot of others appreciate it, rock on LDEVS you guys are awesome...

Edited by Cider1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Zackman said:

I am very sorry and apologize for my horrible lack of common sense and misunderstanding my "duty".

I was freightfully bold and visited my very good friends on saturday with my wife.

We had a superb day, we were like 100 miles away from any computer and we had a blast sitting around the BBQ watching our 3 yrs. old (grand-) niece becoming such a sweet girl.

Now, coming back, i see that you had an aweful, boring day, being very upset about my selfish, egoistic attitude not monitoring "your" server 24/7 and taking care about your personal well-being.

You are totally right, we are all have very bad communication skills and totally missed our professional duties.

I will reject myself immediatly from any position and suggest that Kyp and David (Net-7 owners, board runners, Admins/CEO) will do the same.

I dont have the position to do so, but i simply WILL do so because i totally respect you demanding this.

Please forgive me...forgive the whole team and anyone else.

Of course you will not have to attend our funerals in the future because we are unworthy, low life forms...

Ohh no you dont! We all love ya! You anit going anywhere my friend! Besides we need to play together again when this unforseen mess is all fixed up:) Ignor the crybaby's! :)~

• Like 1

Team,

Yuck, can't even get the installers to install properly for login. 

I DL the client, then installer, update 2x and then nothing after, not sure what's up any pointers?

Thanks,

Meoff/Justin