Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt

Kyp

1 hour ago, Kyp said:

Not really a new version, per se. We're just having a lot of kinks as we discover some of the technologies we were using before were a little out of date, but that was ok because they were protected and behind firewall etc.

The problem comes with modern versions of those tools and us trying to compile the server and it balking at some of the things we were doing, stable or not. The joys of computers and development. Get stable and content, then the next update of toolsets is a giant pain in the ass.

Yeah, upgrading stuff is always a PITA.   

Honestly I've been away for too long as it is. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't access the downloads again. This answers it. Looking forward to getting back to it. You all don't get enough credit for keeping childhood memories alive. 

KYP...Just a question about Wiki will that be restored eventually or is that lost, that being said if it is going be a while if it can come back then the new players and just got into the game players will be lost without that interface to get questions answered and so forth. I know a lot of us Vet players sometimes get annoyed sometimes when new players have a lot of questions but if Wiki is not back up they will be lost so to all our Vet players have a heart and help the new players as much as you can. Woody and his nutts gang ummm  i mean fellow GM's will help them but if they are eating a sandwich or sitting on the crapper just help the new guys out.....

9 minutes ago, Cider1 said:

KYP...Just a question about Wiki will that be restored eventually or is that lost, that being said if it is going be a while if it can come back then the new players and just got into the game players will be lost without that interface to get questions answered and so forth. I know a lot of us Vet players sometimes get annoyed sometimes when new players have a lot of questions but if Wiki is not back up they will be lost so to all our Vet players have a heart and help the new players as much as you can. Woody and his nutts gang ummm  i mean fellow GM's will help them but if they are eating a sandwich or sitting on the crapper just help the new guys out.....

Its fate is currently unclear, i'm not sure we had it backed up because it was considered a community maintained project that we were hosting.

I don't want to say it's 100% dead, but at least thus far I do not have a .sql file for it, even though I may have the actual software from the disks we recovered. 

Some of our sql was hit, which is why we had to spend some time rebuilding databases, it could be that it met an unfortunate fate at the hands of the bad guys.

4 hours ago, Kyp said:

Its fate is currently unclear, i'm not sure we had it backed up because it was considered a community maintained project that we were hosting.

I don't want to say it's 100% dead, but at least thus far I do not have a .sql file for it, even though I may have the actual software from the disks we recovered. 

Some of our sql was hit, which is why we had to spend some time rebuilding databases, it could be that it met an unfortunate fate at the hands of the bad guys.

It looks like the good folks at the wayback machine might have caught the data back in 2019. I have NO idea how much data was saved but at least the main page is there. https://web.archive.org/web/20191023031959/https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Edited by Mieux
  • Like 2

Hey hey...looking good! Launcher app is giving a server status of "ONLINE-0"!

I tried to log in but my password wasn't recognised... Are things not ready yet and I am trying to log in too soon?

Sorry if I jumped the gun..

4 hours ago, Winlander said:

Hey hey...looking good! Launcher app is giving a server status of "ONLINE-0"!

I tried to log in but my password wasn't recognised... Are things not ready yet and I am trying to log in too soon?

Sorry if I jumped the gun..

The downloads page is down, so you're 1 step ahead of anyone who decided they wanted to play in the last couple months.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear things are moving forward and we'll get to play again. I've beaten the Hell out of Battlestar Galactica Deadlock again and am getting my Sci-fi fix from Stellaris. But I'm looking forward to bullying belters again! :D

Yeah kinda stuck with inv300 until I can remedy the patching problem so I can test it further. I can't quite get to the inv300 error because I had just reinstalled the game client prior to all of this and wasn't patched yet.

Right now struggling with a quirk of the webhost platform that the new provider uses ("Plesk") and for whatever reason it seems to be hiding/not allowing clients to read what is in subfolders from where the patching site is. Researching but they are one of those companies that are trying to bill you as much as possible so they don't seem to have good public knowledge for how to resolve problems like this, or else my google-fu is getting rusty. Anyway, that's where we are. For today i've asked someone else to have a look if they get some time, but I have to be away for most of it. Saturdays are busy days.

• Like 2

We may open things before end of day (unclear yet) but I would give a VERY HEALTHY WARNING that you DO NOT make use of any inventory/character transfer stuff til you hear from us, and even if it does come back up today, we are reserving the right to continue with outages until we have everything where we want it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Kyp changed the title to Net-7 Status - Partially Rebuilt
  • Woodstock HGM locked this topic