New Player/Installation

I've attempted to follow all the getting started instructions that I have read on the forums and I cant seem to get passed step 1.  https:\\www.net-7.org keeps "erroring" out saying there is an error connecting to the database.  So I'm literally stuck

Please advise

Nev

Hi,

Yes the server has been offline for over a week please bear with us as the team are working hard to restore the systems back to working order at which point you can try again.

Apologies for the del;ay in returning to play/service.

All the best,

Yeti

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same issue. Played a few years back and decided to come back! However, when I tried to recover my password for my forum account it didn't work. Could this be related to the process happening right now? Just curious, is all.

I am really excited you're still here! I tried late last week to come back but it said that Net & was gone, I resorted to trying EVE, I hate it! Can't wait to have you guys back online, thanks so much!

I wanna start by saying thank you to the Net-7 team. I am new to the forums, having only just found you while the recovery and migration was happening. You all have been on top of this and sharing updates like pros, and even though I have yet to actually get into the emu for the first time, the dedication you have shown gives me good feels about it. From what I have seen on some other posts, and since the Net-7 page is back up now as well, it seems like the game may be back up, but I am not certain (and not putting any pressure on you for the amazing job you have been doing). *If* the server is back up, I have not been able to access the downloads section on net-7.org. It keeps taking me back to the main page. Is there someplace I can get the net-7installer to go along with the demo for play? I have been scouring the forums and haven't had any luck with any of the links I have seen. Thanks for any info anyone can provide, and keep up the good work on this lost classic.

the net-7 launcher (installer) and the EnB Demos are usually available on the NET-7.org (portal page) under main then the downloads section, which is currently down probably until the server is fully back on line. Be patient  the Dev Staff is working all of their available time to revive and Recover the game and servers,  

• Like 1

No worries at all. I just wasn't sure if that was back or not, as some of the posts I saw otherwise indicated the server was up and I didn't know if that section had been fixed as well or not. I am in no rush, and I know you all are working hard to get things back for everyone. I have waited almost 20 years, a few more weeks won't hurt me, lol. 

Thank you again! For everything.

Hey, everyone!

I was wondering if the "downloads" section from the main drop-down menu on the portal was working for anyone else?

When I try to access it, the page just loads the previous screen I was looking at.

Is this because of the server migration? Will it be accessible in the near future?

Thanks!

It appears to be Not Working at this time,  once the Devs have finished recovering from the recent Server incident it may be back to full service,  be patient and it soon will be back

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1