update issue

So this morning when launching, it said there was an update available. I allowed it. Now when it tries to install my AV (avast) flags is as a potential virus.

Avast scanned the file and said it was unsure and would send the report to tech (theirs). Anyone else with this issue? In all the years I've been playing this, this is a first.

I would tell Avast to set an exception over all the related folders for Net7 and the E&B client. Avast can get overzealous about blocking applications that are not code signed. While the E&B executable itself is signed, basically nothing else is because it's an extra expense and maintaining a public cert for that purpose when the exceptions will eliminate it trying to do that. 

It's trying to protect you from yourself so you're not just running some code from the internet.

While I might add an exception for a file to Avast, I wouldn't do that for a folder. To me, that's too high of a risk, call me paranoid, not trusting, whatever.

I thought about setting the do not send option, however now I'm sorta glad i didn't as earlier Avast said the file was ok, and the warning is gone. Hopefully this will prevent others from asking...

The real question was, did anyone else have the issue, and from Yeti's response the answer to that would be yes.

oh yeah, definitely has happened before. I get it, protect yourself. Zero trust is always a good thing if you can get there, but we have no plans to purchase and maintain a code signing cert to sign these applications at present because it's definitely not a constant problem.