After Christmas day hiccup, game doesn't stay connected

Hey all,

After Christmas day's major disconnection/server issue, my game client will no longer work properly. I can connect to the game, I can fly around for about 4-5 seconds, and then my client no longer communicates with the server or something. Everything in-game no longer responds (engines don't produce any trails, can't click on nav points to create paths, can't initiate / stop warp), and nothing I do seems to correct it. I used to be able to use multiple accounts and now I can't even stay connected on a single login. I've tried reinstalling, restarting computer and router, etc., and nothing seems to work anymore. I can see my own character get logged out in the system listing of characters logging in and out, and I can also see others logging in and out after for a few seconds, but then everything stops responding and nothing works.

Really frustrating and disappointing. Not sure what to do next, or if I'm just stuck being unable to play now.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like packets are being dropped and not delivered either to or from us. There's not much we can do but if you want to attempt taking a packet capture we might be able to help confirm what's happening from that.