Invalid Login

Been playing a while dont know how or where to go but no matter how many times I login it now says Your account does not appear to be valid, try using the default launcher. Initially I got the red error box that was posted here which Kyp responded to saying it's a corrupt or bad authlogin.dll which he suggested renaming or deleting which I did and repatched but it still did it. I then uninstalled the entire enb and net7 and did a fresh install..and restarted to do windows update. It let me login on One char, Alios but Magnis and Johnycage still says "Your account does not appear to be valid, try using the default launcher ;)" As a note my net7 launcher is pointed at the client exe and version says 543.

Edited by mrtacoman511

As far as I remember, that particular error message only comes up if udp and https connections end up using different external IP's.

It can be client side proxy settings (on windows its using proxy from internet options), client side vpn where https is tunneled but udp is not, or isp side shenanigans.

I tried opening ports through tcp/udp and it still did it..then i turned off the firewall and it still said Invalid account please use default launcher. Additionally when I resinstalled the launcher had several errors that mentioned not recognizing my windows version even though in my system id it says windows 10. Also as a note i have been able to sign in to characters that are at stations but when I go to leave the station the game crashes and also if someone is in space it gives the invalid account message.

Edited by mrtacoman511

This is what one of the logs says   ---> LOGIN:WRN: 11/21/22 10:56:28:GlobalErrorPacketClass recv: 1459617792 : 22 : Sorry, Your login does not appear to be valid. Try again using the default launcher ;). this seems to point to a win32 system of sorts that runs or inserts packets to a socket but might be timing out. Unless its from T-mobile broadbad box blocking it. I'l have to contact my isp and ask them.

Additionally after reinstalling recently I decided to test it and go ahead and remove except when it said to remove i clicked repair and it says earth&beyond.msi is missing..which is from a appdata/temp/tempin/earthandbeyond.msi

Edited by mrtacoman511

This means something is wrong with the version of your Net7 launcher application, or it seems to be detecting as such. It could be something the broadband device is doing to connect you to their network. I would suggest -- if you're familiar with using Wireshark -- a packet capture that could be reviewed to understand what's going back and forth between you and our servers.

Just tell it to capture everything over your LAN and then attempt to make the full connection until you run into the problem, then stop it and save a pcap or pcapng file to attach back for us. It might be suggested to zip it up and put a password on it then PM me that for me to open it for review, it *could* contain more sensitive data than intended if something not properly encrypted.

Alright so all I'm picking out (and it could be not enough coffee yet) is that your client side is sending an RST to end the connection with us after a response. This would seem to indicate that for sure you have the wrong version of LaunchNet7 at a glance. What was the version number your instance was showing?

Also how are you currently connecting? I see you reported version 543 above which *seems* to match

looked into some things with my mobile provider and it seems they dont support nat4-->ipv6 to v4 port forwarding. the work around is to use a nat64 supported router or similar. So thats what im looking into. this issue also affects anarchy online a sci fi mmo i play so i know its not just enb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 4:57 AM, mrtacoman511 said:

switched to my old internet today now it lets me login but crashes saying failed to load sector lol. at this point i think its safe to say I will never return. 

Use the option to delete TH6 files and see if that changes anything. Those files have to do with what you see in the sectors  and if they get screwy it can cause them not to load or to have strange issues that's why the option is there.

As for this whole thing with teredo tunnellng etc (Ipv6 -> 4 etc), the server will still allow you to connect but the game client may not play ball, ultimately i'd have to see a packet capture to try to determine what happened there if anything on our side of the conversation.

that said, you provided it once before, but it didn't show anything that was failing at a network level, i'm pretty sure that capture was taken while you were on the other connection so we would need to redo it on the "old internet" that seems to work.

It's all going to boil down to what the provider is doing with the connection.

I think i may have fixed it..but wierd solution.  (online now with 3 chars and made it through 5 sector gates+mining. )

Over the course of all the tech fixes i tried I notied bleeding files or as such as it felt like files were not removing for a clean install. so when i did it felt like it was skipping stuff...the final solution I tried was a combination of my old internet and reinstalling to a clean external hdd. Additionally the time taking it was very long about 21 minutes, cause not a ssd like my pc has.  But even still that thing finished installing so fast I knew something was off haha. Hope this stays this way seems to be working im on with 4 toons at the moment :D

Edited by mrtacoman511

OK so I tried both internets, air advantage succeeds but is not superfast..tmobil is however gets the failed sector map error..but succeeds with vpn on (not all can use port forwarding but mine can) but the connection is very laggy because theres too many ports open. At least i think..is there a way to use a specific port for enb? or does each thing use a different one like 3800 for sector map and 3000 for logging in etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 3:36 AM, mrtacoman511 said:

OK so I tried both internets, air advantage succeeds but is not superfast..tmobil is however gets the failed sector map error..but succeeds with vpn on (not all can use port forwarding but mine can) but the connection is very laggy because theres too many ports open. At least i think..is there a way to use a specific port for enb? or does each thing use a different one like 3800 for sector map and 3000 for logging in etc.

Depends on the service, the game service uses a small range of ports and it's built into how the client itself works we just sorta attach to it and accept it.

• 1 year later...

After all this I decided to try a new external hdd to put the game on as it worked last time..logging in works but it hangs at the blue loading screen (with the planet map ) any idea what might cause that?

Edited by mrtacoman511