New to Forum - asking about Private Servers

I don't know if someone setting up a private server is at all an option these days or not. Myself and my friend used to play EnB when it was out and we enjoyed ourselves a lot. I also connected to Net7 and played a bit as well. I am retired now (I was an IT PM - on mainly mainframe applications). I was hoping to be able to set up an ENB server at home to accommodate 3 to 6 users so that I can play with a few friends when they are over at my place. I am looking at nostalgia and having some fun for a bit. I understand that it may take a while to actually set it up. I am not an expert but I can likely muddle through it eventually. I am not necessarily interested in the latest and greatest - just to sit down and play the game like we used to.

If there is any chance to be able to set up a private server on one of my computers, I would appreciate it. I would also donate to the project if donations are still being accepted.

Hi Johnbb, welcomne to the forum.

With regards to a "Private EnB Server" it will not happen as this is the ONLY one under an agreement with EA and Net 7 Entertainment LLC and the rules as far as I can make out is that it is a not-for-profit venture. Thus as such all of the dedicated work and effort poured into this since 2009 will not be shared for a Private Server venture (nor I suspect any other one.) I'm sure in due course KYP or ZackMan will confirm what I have stated.

I hope you and your friends will make use of this server and forum though as we are a small helpful community.

All the best,

YetiGBR