Vendors wont buy back stuff they sell

I imagine this was posted somewhere before... but I am bringing it up again... you buy an engine from a vendor then at upgrade time buy a new one and goto sell the old one back to the vendor and the vendor does not want it... so now what hmmm... what kind of situation have I gotten myself into here...

ok I got an idea... let me try the vendor next to the one that sold me the engine... (crosses fingers)... yes! he bought it back from me...

is this part of the original code that we cant change? I can only hope... I mean why waste our time with having to click open a different vendor... its not even worth the cpu cycles... I cant imagine that the time it takes to sell used equip to a different vendor is built into our TTL (time to level) is it?

well just thought I would bring it up... hell maybe its just me having this problem....

I think its part of the old coding, but maybe not. Its not a problem for me to go the vendor next to the core vendor and sell the old stuff if possible. It might be irritating, but in a way, it also makes sense. No dealer wants back stuff that may be used that is along the lines of what they sell. Best to sell at a component booth really.

It might be irritating, but in a way, it also makes sense. No dealer wants back stuff that may be used that is along the lines of what they sell.

actually in rl anyway... both methods are in play... lets say you have buy a brand new chevy Corvette and 2 months later you want to upgrade... well the chevy dealer you bought from originally will gladly buy back the old corvette from you regardless if you want to buy a new one or not (but especially if you are buying a new one)... obviously you will take a substantial loss...

so basically, imho (I can only speak for myself)... it is just irritating... and vendors in rl buy back things they sold all the time so long as they have a market for it... cameras are another good example... I have been upgrading my slr and dslr camera's and equipment for years... I goto cameta camera with my old stuff... they put a price on it... and I use that money as partial payment for the newer used stuff I am buying...

ask anyone on ebay if they will do this... you buy one of my products at 100% purchase price and pay shipping and handling, then want to sell it back to me at a price that is at or below my cost and your paying shipping and handling... hell, ill make that deal all day long...

i have a better one. refined rubies,

i have mined so many of them, then refined. had over 200 of them refined. and gues what? no NPC in known galaxy will buy them from me!

currently they are sitting in my vault waiting for "better days"...

Guest GenghisBob

This was changed when they fixed the problem (exploit) with prices in Ororam Prison. The changed the prices and made it so a vendor would not buy what he sold. And, no, it was not like this in live.

Not an issue as far as Im concerned. It just doesnt happen to me often enough for it to be an issue with me.

But definitely file this under 'polish'. Would be nice to see it fixed, but it can wait till the game is farther along in its development.

Guest Builder

Refined ores never were worth much in live when selling them as you took the choice to refine them and get the XP or to rip them out and get the XP.

Raw ores were worth selling but then you didnt get the refine xp...

[Work Computer]