The Legend of Great Pappy......has some problems

I did the The Legend of Great Pappy on my TS (device builder), JE (reactor builder), and TT (shield builder). On step 4/6 the step is to approach Da Hind End a' Nowhere to find Kernel Smithson, kill him, and loot The Handy Solar Projects Manual from him. With all three of my toons grouped I approached the nav and Smithson spawned just like many other character specific spawn missions in the EMU. On other missions you kill the target, kill the guards, and then can activate it for the next character. That does NOT happen with this quest.

• Upon the spawning of the target ALL THREE characters had their mission updated to step 5/6 Tan Kernel Smithson's hide fer takin' Zach's book. I killed the mob and had my TS, whos name was on the mob, loot the book. Great I thought, lets kill the guards and re-spawn him two more times.....but the mission was gone from all three characters.  I tried going back to Zachariah Garrett but he would not give the mission again. Upon checking the Mission Log for my TS, JE, and TT is showed the mission as completed on all three. This would be great if Zach Garrett acknowledges it but he does not unless the character has  the Handy Solar Projects Manual in their hold. Thus my JE and TT could not get Kernel Smithson to spawn again since he will only spawn when on step 4/6.

• After a ticket, and Woody's amazing reset, on my JE and TT, to part 4/6 I was ready to try again. However, Woody alerted me that I could only have ONE character, on the mission, in the group otherwise it would require a GM to reset it again.

• I can do that, I need my TT to heal, so I will drop my JE from the group, do the quest on my TT, then return later with my JE in the group to complete it. Easy as pie.

• That is not what occurred.

Ok, so I took my JE and my TT back out to der Todesengel to complete The Legend of Great Pappy. I had my group buff up at 'Da road to Nowhere' nav (two navs, 79k, away from 'Da hind end a' Nowhere' where Kernel Smithson spawns.

• I buffed my group with my JE (scutums, blood of the dragon, environmental shield), then dropped her and replaced her with my TS (who previously completed this mission and gone to the next mission in the chain). I then warped to the spawn point. The spawn triggered....but I could not damage it. Upon closer inspection the spawn was for JE.......who had not been within 79k of the nav since my group had entered the sector. However, the guards were for Dena. This was very strange, either the spawn had not registered My JE leaving the group, or the buffs had caused a problem for a three mob spawn to be split between two different characters. So I dropped my TS, grouped my JE back, killed and looted the Handy Solar Projects Manual with my JE....because that's who's name was on Smithson.

• When I checked my JE but the mission had not updated. it was still on step 4/6 to find and spawn Smithson. When I checked my TT it had auto completed just as the previous time, requiring a GM intervention.  So with the manual on my JE but the mission not at the and my TT with the mission completed, but no manual, I submitted another ticket.

The Smithson group (3 mobs) are all raid level and can easily kill/wipe out a group. If this is done how is the character able to re-spawn Smithson? The step to spawn him 4/6 updates to 5/6 as soon as he spawns, thus requiring GM intervention. It appears that the only way that this mission can be completed is by only one character having the mission and by the group killing/looting Smithson on the first try.

There are several other missions, of the same sort, that do not have these problems.

Thanks for reading this encyclopedic entry, all the hard work from the Devs and GM. ?

/cheers

Edited by jrichards