Earth and Beyond HD textures planets and moons

Hello to all,

I redrawn several textures planets and moons and i am planing continue with that. I draw the other planets and moons as I progress through the game. The fruits of my effords are shown on a video posted on YouTube. Go there and search this: Earth & Beyond emulator HD planets and moons. Video shows my first changes; imortant is first 1 and half minute. The game looks much better with that. Origin textures are 512x512 pixels and less, now has 2048 x 2048 pixels.

Edited by FELICE
  • Like 2

Could you share the download links and instructions on how to get this working in the youtube video description if you're willing to share it with the rest of us?

This looks absolutely amazing.

I suspect you can't do it here since we're not allowed to alter the client etc. in any way.

Yes cof corse! I am planing to share it! The game is really good now! I have to do a new mix files, witch will be added to the game and does not affect the added content for future updates.

I want to create the modification, which simply adds files to the game. Tell me, if I can, becouse I am worried about the server down. There may be more interest, but I hope it attracts resources in donate system.

Edited by FELICE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am ready to upload necesery mix files wiht HD textures to moddb.com. Will the server keep more players? Do I have your consent?

Edited by FELICE
  • Like 1

Loving this !

Thank you for putting in the time and effort to do these visual improvements.

Edit:
Small point of criticism, Valkyrie Twins main star now appears as a giant yellow star but is supposed to be a white/blue giant.

• 2 weeks later...

yep, his 1.1 is out and rocks: https://www.moddb.com/mods/earth-beyond-emulator-hd-planets-moons/addons/hd-v11

He also posted an updated youtube video which is very cool: https://youtu.be/NFttJPuQF6U

UPDATE: ok, it looks like he added a day/night cycle to earth......holly heck is this cool.

The asteroid textures look great in most sectors. However, in a sector with a planet they look way too large. Nifleheim Cloud is an example: https://postimg.cc/FdQrZVZf

Edited by jrichards

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to be clear, *we* (Net-7) can't distribute files over the original client without you acknowledging those changes and we can't change any copyright/trademark etc for anything that was originally part of Westwood/EA as part of what we deploy to you. That *does not* say that you cannot share these files or acknowledge and install them separately for improvements. We can certainly host that/those files if shared from the net-7.org site since it will link to wherever the author puts it / them as well as any additional mirrors set up.

Beautiful.    I keep wondering hypothetically of course if things was different in such that EA did release all rights to the game.  (cough like that will ever happen).   

All new game engine supporting the latest tools and graphics.   Heads up display controlled by helmet.. your ship goes where you look and all controls are patched into a mic... if you want plasma missiles, just saw "switch plasma"  (two words separate words to not confuse arming plasma if you was just talking to someone about plasma.  With todays tech and minds.. who knows.. end game never really there.  Of course all hypothetical since EA is .. well we all knew what they was back during sunset when we all was sitting around and chatting in-game when the lights was turned off.  Yes I was there.