Docking / Undocking / NPC Engagement Issues - Returning Player

Hello to all, I am a returning player although it's been nearly 9 years since I was last playing on the Emulator..... Have heard such good things about it from my brother (Holyman) and trying to find me some time to play this beloved game properly again.

Anyhow, I have installed the game, launcher files etc, managed to get my game accounts sorted again and change passwords and as of this morning I can now login to my game accounts and launch the game.. Hooray!!!!

HOWEVER - And im damn sure this is something I've missed or need to do. Whenever I undock, the galaxy map comes up and goes no further just has the Loading progress bar in the bottom right, if I end task and then log back in, I find my character outside the station I was undocking from, I try to dock and the same thing happens again with the Galaxy map screen. Also when docked, I have tried to interact with an NPC but get nothing, just swings in to start the dialog box but no dialog box and can't exit the NPC, have to end task again and relaunch.

I do see in the systray on windows the Net7Proxy icon saying "Awaiting Master Handoff" so Im assuming that I'm missing something in network settings?, any help would be greatly appreciated

There are a few other current posts on this so you may want to check those but here are the three things that tend to be the most common (try them one at a time to see if it grants access).

1. Make sure you are running Net-7 launcher v.2.2.0
  2. Make sure you have the appropriate check boxes checked (screenshot attached)
  3.  net7proxy.exe and main.exe should be set to Compat Mode (screenshot attached)
  4. in Windows Defender (if running Win10) the following files MUST have their Public rule enabled to allow access (screenshot attached)
    • LaunchNet7
    • main (this is the client.exe)
    • net7proxy.exe

Checkboxes.jpg

Compat mode.jpg

Windows Defender.jpg

Edited by jrichards

• 6 months later...

you are right-clicking the BIN folder?

RMB the launchnet7.exe instead. the tab header should also reflect this and read: " LaunchNet7 properties" 

• 11 months later...