Login does not appear to be valid .....

I've been playing the game for a while now without issue. Yesterday when i tried to login login i get a message that says "Ssorry, your login does not appear to be valid. Try again using the default launcher". then the game closes.

I keep hitting reset updates, force updates, deleted and reinstalled Net 7, etc. nothing works. I went back to make sure windows defender is allowig the game and it is. I have win 10.

I actually fot a login attempt to actually get in the game a minute ago. but i immediately tried to gate and teh game just sat there on the map screen and i had to force close the game. now i cant get in again.

The Net 7 launcer says in tope left Launchnet v2.2.0 and in the bottom right Current version 542.

Try restarting your PC then relaunch the nett-7 client. Make sure packet opt, prototype reorder, and delete TH6 files are all checked. Ensure the host is sunrise.net-7.org and click the Check button. If it connects check Local IP and, if there are two, select the bottom one. Then try again.

Note: There was a windows update recently so your windows firewall may be screwing with the Net-7 client.

Edited by jrichards

did all that. i turned off my windows defender firewall and still get same results.

Tried again 5 mnutes later and it took my password at the login and iwas able to select my avatar. but when the map loading screen came up it just stays there and the game never comes up

Edited by phillyd023

I clicked refresh and ran the unblackhole routine on each of your accounts and avatars who are all now at the net-7 Station in Saturn, se if that helps.

Check that your EnB client is set to run as Administrator and the proper compatibility this sometimes causes windows to block game running  due to incompatibility issues with the game being so old.  you anti virus and your firewall need to be checked to see if the Net-7 client and the EnB client are set to be green or clear through both a/v and f/w.  also restart your router if its been a long time since last done

Tried everything!!!!

Get this, thiough ...... it s random. i just succesfully logged into the game on one of my accounts again. i started up a 2nd game to run simaltaneously and meghan is telling me "sorry, your login does not appear to be valid, try again using the default launcher". i then went to my avatar that is logged in and clicked on my ship to leave the base and its stuck on the map screen.

i am so confused.

Def seems to be a firewall and/or router issue.  Since your Net-7 is connecting and launching the game I would first check your windows firewall. Seems like the client.exe is getting blocked by either your windows firewall, your anti-virus, or your router.  Note: If you use a VPN this could also be causing an issue with the IP its connecting from.

NOTE: Windows Firewall needs to allow every instance of the client.exe to connect. The client.exe also needs to be running in compat mode.

image.png

Compat.jpg

Edited by jrichards

unplugged router and ran internet straight to the puter ..... got the Meghan message.

i right clicked on bothe enb.exe and the launch net 7 and both are in compat mode and run as admin.

windows defender- have all enb and launch net 7 to be green checked in inbound.

i have changed absolutely nothing when it stopped working. someone mentioned a windows update ...... is there somethin g that came in the update that is messing with it?

What i dont understand is sometimes it lets me all the way through and i canget into the game. but when i undock from the station it gets stuck on teh map load screen forever.

So "on occasion" it lets me in game but that is it.

its not the router cause i bypassed it. windows defender

Is It Possible you were mistyping you password including or missing a capital letter at the beginning of your password, or accidently hitting caps lock, (Which I do often)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you mentioned this but if you are launching multiple net-7's/enb clients are you running the same one or different ones? If different ones you will need to grant access in the windows defender for each one.

My bet is you do not have a static IP and your service provider is randomly assigning IPs. Some are able to access the login server and some are not.  I use a VPN and, very rarely, run into this issue (and get the same invalid password error) and have to change to a different location.  NOTE: If you have a slow connection logging multiple clients in will just not work. 

The login server requires a response in a pretty fast amount of time and it will just hang on the login part (there are three steps from entering password to loading into the game and you can mouse-over the taskbar icon to see what step its on).

It would be interesting to see which step you are consistently getting stuck on. I would also be interested in how much traffic is on your network. If you are running a server, hosting anything, have multiple people using the same connection, have someone stealing your wifi, have a bunch of programs eating bandwidth, etc.

A few things to try to pinpoint the networking issue (there are several more but I am not an IT guy so you may want to google a few things to try).

1) Run a ping to the server and see what the response is and if it drops a lot. (Start/run/cmd then enter ping sunrise.net-7.org -t)

2) N a trace route and see how many jumps are being made. ((Start/run/cmd then enter tracert sunrise.net-7.org))

3) Open task manager, select performance, then wifi or ether-net (whichever you are using) and click Open Resource Monitor. See what is using your network and how much of your bandwidth its taking up.

4) Use https://www.speedtest.net/ to identify just how fast your connection is.

5) If you are running wifi and ether-net from the same router try disabling one of them and see if it allows connection (very unlikely unless someone is stealing your wifi bandwidth).