Gate/ctd Issues in Windows 10

I've looked through quite a few of these post and have yet to see a recommended way to prevent gating issues. Specifically, the server fails to acknowledge a login. I have to Ctl+Alt+Dlt to the task manager and end task every couple of gates.

I played this game 18 years ago and would love to get back into it, but I've had gating issues more than a dozen times in just 3 hours. Is there any current fix for this? I h ave Prototype Reorder checked but I cannot check any of the debug boxes or I can't even log in, the log in screen will freeze after typing in my password.

on the net-7 launcher ensure that the boxes titled "packet optimization" "Prototype reorder" "disable mouse lock" "Delete *.th6 Files" are all marked

you need to update your launcher as we are on v.2.2.0.   Click on the launcher tab on the launcher the reset updates,  then close and restart the launcher and go to the launcher tab and click on check for updates, this should update the launcher. if this doesn't work you may need to go to the net-7 .org (portal page) and go to main then Downloads and re-download the launcher, and reinstall

hmm....tried that but the launcher still says v1.9.9. I'll uninstall and reinstall and see if that works...edit: nope, didn't work.

Now I can't even log it. It is stating "Incompatible version of Net7Proxy. Latest version is 2.42" and "server failed to respond to login attempt"

Edited by SpacerJay

I am usually the actual ingame help person  as Head Game Master, but I try to help anyone who needs it,  I have Just  asked the devs to update the link so that the correct version can be downloaded

It can take a few tries to update to the latest version. It took me a few tries, probably about 15-20 minutes, to get up to the latest version via the update. It crashed several times. It would be nice if they posted a fully updated version, on the downloads page, but not sure if that's possible with the current staff.