Game Not Starting

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2021 at 10:10 AM, Kenn6530 said:

Good afternoon,

After recently upgrading to Windows 11 when I hit play nothing happens. The launch box disappears and nothing happens. Anyone having this issue?

yes, I'm having the same issue on my AMD PC but my intel laptop is running the game just fine. both run GTX 3060 vid and laptop has less ram.

• 3 weeks later...

Check in your release folder. VERY likely you will have a file called _except.txt 

It'll most likely list a memory violation call from the game. Not too suprising for a 32 bit game.

I can run the config program and get over 4k fps, but can't run the client without this erroring out. 

Too bad, I have a lot of nostagia for the game. 

12GB video and 64gb system memory.... Looks like I lose for being ahead. LOL

Everything went perfectly until I click play and agree to the terms, then the 640x480 box pops up for a few seconds, then goes away. 

(note: it should be bigger, as I used the config with admin, but I have also tried it with defaults.)

I get the login icon on the taskbar for 30-ish more seconds, then it too goes away. I can click on about and it pops up the box it should just fine, just no display of the game. 

/EDIT ... I believe now that it has to do totally with video memory allocation, as I have found posts from as far back as 2020 mentioning the test shows negative allocation ... I have 12gb video ram, so a 32 bit program client not allocating properly makes some sense. I also have Smart Access Memory turned on, so it is throwing things past the 4GB mark all the time. /EDIT

NO game for me, oh well. 

-Grimm

_except.txt

Edited by GrimmLiberty

I hadn't yet installed Windows 11 because my last build has finally aged to the point where it can't yet upgrade so I am sorta End of Lifing my rig before I rebuild.

That said, do they still have the option to run an executable in previous windows compatibility modes? Had you tried that for the E&B client.exe?