California Shaking today.

We had 3 earthquakes  located in three different areas almost at the same time  two were 4.8  and one a bit further north of the two at a 5.9  quite a few after shocks.  now on standby for more aftershocks or a larger quake(hopefully none show up) 

with the heat in the low 100's here now, you could call us shake and bake.   (Groan) bad joke

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Much as I complain about the Florida climate and bugs as well as traffic foolishness, I have to say that I'll take this over that. At least a hurricane gives you time to lock up and bug out. Stay safe man and best regards....

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, Woodstock DGM said:

with the heat in the low 100's here now, you could call us shake and bake.   (Groan) bad joke

That's funny though. 

I don't know which is worse...earthquakes and fires in California or hurricanes and tornadoes in Louisiana. 

The moral of the story is...keep your homeowner's policy up to date.

I would rather go through earthquakes then tornados and hurricanes, earthquakes are just for a moment or two and other that aftershocks many which are not even felt,  its pretty much over and things go back to normal quickly after a quick cleanup,  and a few drinks to calm nerves (just kidding in my case),  hurricanes you know its coming so you have to prepare , safe your house and property and in some cases leave to a safe area  then if your lucky a few days later or weeks  you can go home maybe if it is still there. in an earthquake unless you are very near the fault or epicenter your just  go back to normal,  where i live we are near 40 from the San Andreas fault so we fell a lot of bigger shakes anything under 4  do not even feel it has to be a 6 or above to be felt where we live. as like most Californians do live on or near faults this part of california has only the San Andreas as the major fault and the last big  nearby earthquake we had here was back in 1983 Coalinga earthquake,  though We did feel the Northridge 1994 and the earthquake that happened during the world series in 1989, though I didn't feel it as I was in Virginia in the Navy on a Ship.  We did feel two Earthquakes the hit near Ridgecrest last year and another 6 + a couple of years ago that hit in Nevada.  other than that  we Bake every summer.  to day its supposed to be cool only 102 degrees Fahrenheit,   we have a saying around here you can tell its summer as you cant see any kids outside,  its to  hot to play out side even the ice cream man comes before 8 am and after 9pm,  lol   

• Upvote 2

**  as I said  cooler today  here is my 7 day weather forecast its actual just warm all week  we call it hot here until it is above 105

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdns.abclocal.go.com%2Fthree%2Fkfsn%2Fweather%2F7Day.jpg&t=1627076101&ymreqid=e940e3e7-cf7a-0748-1c35-cb0088015900&sig=ipfSIf7omYJ5HLGWpFAG0Q--~D