Issues for the Item Dev Team

Hi All,

I was inspired by a recent post by @oakman that quickly received a positive reply from @Riia to begin compiling some issues with items that I've observed in the game. As Oakman noted in his post, I've found the Bug Tracker tab linked at the top of the forums to be non-functional. I wanted to start this topic for myself and others to share items that might have spelling, grammar, or attribute/effect issues for the Item Devs to respond to.  I hope that a single thread to track these issues until the Bug Tracker is restored will better serve us all. 

I'm thinking a few ground rules might help. So if you are going to contribute items too, I ask that you please:

• Post one item per response to this thread. Each post should contain the item name, a description of the issue and a screenshot if appropriate. 
  • Responses to second, or confirm that you've also observed a previously reported issue should be done as upvotes on the original response.
  • If you have additional information to contribute to another person's response, quote the original response and then elaborate.
  • Use the edit functionality if you are elaborating on your own report.

So without further ado, here are my first contributions!

Edited by Zanor

Command Interface DK 8

This item has build enhancement effects for all build skills of around 0.15, consistent with other items like Duct Tape that provide ‘Improved Build <x> Minor (Equip)’, but unlike Duct Tape, most of the effects are not suffixed ‘Minor’. I’ve confirmed that device and weapon bonuses from this device do not stack with other build enhancement devices like Ego/ID Matrix. Presumably, engine and shield enhancement also would not stack with Shield PROM and Mechanics Toolbox.

This item also lists an energy use and effect range, while not having any active effects. 

I believe the effects on this device were all intended to be 'Minor' effects and that the energy/range should be removed.

CommandInterfaceDK8.png.b755d4a6f82c6f19def70eb834de4df0.png

Edited by Zanor

Terran Reinforcer Model II Novem

The Enhance Missile effect on this device is far outside of normal specs for the same effect and is more comparable to Missile Precision effects. Enhance Missiles is typically in the range of 20-40% while Precision is 3-6%. As is, the effect will not stack with other Enhance Missile equipment a player would usually use, like Intolerance Mk. VIII or Shooting Star VIII.

I believe the Enhance Missile effect was intended to be a Missile Precision effect.

TerranReinforcerModelINovem.png.824d45dfe5b8270c787abcd745b6ad5d.png

• Upvote 1

Items that are “Mark” variants

Many items use the ‘Mark’-type designation to indicate variants but are punctuated incorrectly in some places. I’ve tried to document all occurrences here by performing a database search on the Net-7 website.

• Navigation Computer MkII (L7)
  • Auto Stacker Mk I (L6)
  • Auto Stacker Mk II (L7)
  • Dragons Dread Mail Elite Mk IX (L9)
  • DV-IR-X5 "Tower" Mk.IX (L9)
  • Prototype Ore Compressor Mk VII (L7)
  • Prototype Ore Compressor Mk VIII (L8)
  • Prototype Ore Compressor Mk IX (L9)

Items with notes in the description

I've found several items that appear to have dev notes in the description field, mostly ores. I've provided one screenshot as an example and listed all others I've found.

• Duplium Ore
  • Inderite
  • Kronosite
  • Ray Charybdis Voidstone
  • Star Ash

StarAsh.png.bd72cfce3f17742beb9001e5b44c5f70.png

Navigation Computer & MkII (L4 & L7)

• The effect ‘Improved Navigation’ is missing its active/equip annotation. Should be ‘Improved Navigation (Equip)’
  • ‘MkII’ as an abbreviation for Mark II, should have a period to be grammatically correct. “Navigation Computer Mk. II”. This would be consistent with many other items, like common InfinityCorp engine lines.
  • The description text on L7 was likely pasted from L4, but the ‘MkII’ portion of the device name was added to the incorrect side of the ‘Navigation Computer’. Should read “When equipped, the Navigation Computer MkII significantly…”

NavComp2.png.93ac0eca25cf507fb6afbd3559e557dd.png

Warrior's Resolve

The description claims the device offers resistances to 'all' damage types on EQUIP. In fact, the device covers four resistances on activation. I'm not sure which is the intended effect. 

Offering my personal opinion - I love the device as an active buff and would like to see it kept that way. My first choice would be to have the description updated to match the current effects.

"The Warrior's Resolve comes from the first line of professional DigiApogee equipment.  When activated on a targeted group member this device gives an increase to target's chemical, energy, explosive and plasma resistance."

warriorsresolve.png.cc9ddf4835473d52ef0a49669b4c5314.png

Dream scenario would be for the effects to be modified to cover all resistances on activation and description changed to "...When activated on a targeted group member this device...". Next best would be the effects modified to match the description exactly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Regarding the use of Mk. and their variants, I checked a couple of screenshots form the "LIVE" game and they are correct. However I agree that we should have one standard and have therefore changed  them to the Mk. variant.

Thank you for bring this up.

I have also corrected the ore descriptions.

Some of the changes will require a reboot of the server and others will require a update.

Regarding the other items I'm still checking.

Riia

• Like 1