Login and staying Connected Issues

OK for the past 2-2.5 hours the server has been acting "Strange" to say the least, 3 of my clients running on seperate PC's all with the latest drives and good DNS are returning "reasonable" pings to the server and tracert shows its fine. However: within 3-5 minutes of logging in thats IF I can even get past the " Server failed to respond to sector login" or the "Waiting for server green arrow on the task bar" the game then locks up and ceases to respond all together.

I know I'm not the only one having issues as players from the USA are reporting issues in game and basically quitting and saying they will try later.

Yes I have done the following before ppl start making suggestions:

1. Re-booted my router

2. Flushed my DNS

3. Re-booted the PC's several times

4. Checked I have all the latest drivers fro the NIC and GPU(just incase)

5. Run ping and tracert commands on all PC's to make sure there are no issues

6. swore several times at the screen and the keyboard one lives in hope, not reached for the sledge hammer just yet though ?

Thus I can only conclude there "MAY" be an issue at the server end ....what I have no clue but please could one of the nice GM/Dev's have a look see an give me/us an idea/update if there is or is not.

Many thanks in advance ?

• Upvote 2

I'm having these problems too, specifically in Saturn and Akeron's Gate. My TE last night in Luna was 100% fine for four hours straight (before the server restarted), so I don't feel like this is on my end.

EDIT: It looks like my TE from last night is also affected just the same, so my entire account is unplayable currently :(

Edited by Quirc
Info update

31 minutes ago, YetiGBR1 said:

1 hour on and similar issues persist, even Crahn has the same issues where the clients lock up after 30 seconds of logging in......Game is un-playable.

Nah, other than that one server crash about an hour after restart where everyone got booted, I've been okay with the server staying up and stable. Now have 2 accounts logged in for vault transfers etc, and they both seem ok.

There are others on who are playing from the same house on same & different PCs and some accounts working some aren't though...

Tried suggesting what I could think of as fixes, but doesn't seemed to have helped them much

Yeah, I tried a computer restart and making an entirely new character on my account and the problem persisted (in fact, the first time I tried making a new character, the server didn't even give the ship any equipment and it bugged out!) and I don't have a second account to try, so I guess I'm out of luck until it's fixed.

Just tried swapping accounts and login on different PC's works till you login another account on another PC then both lock up so its as if the server cannot process multi-account logins coming from the same IP.

It's as if the proxy.exe agent is not communicating with the server or vice-versa correctley and identifying only one connection when it used to work perfectley before the server reboot.

I have this issue as well a specific avatar of mine (Dagron) keeps crashing the game client - it freezes up and is unresponsive, no one thing seems to cause it, just happens regularly since yesterday morning before yesterday morning this avatar was fine and all my other avatars are still fine.

Seems to be since the server issue yesterday and I can see several others reporting the same issue on new player chat.

Happens to me with just one client running (not multiboxing).

1 hour ago, DaveOMac said:

I have this issue as well a specific avatar of mine (Dagron) keeps crashing the game client - it freezes up and is unresponsive, no one thing seems to cause it, just happens regularly since yesterday morning before yesterday morning this avatar was fine and all my other avatars are still fine.

Seems to be since the server issue yesterday and I can see several others reporting the same issue on new player chat.

Happens to me with just one client running (not multiboxing).

I believe "Quirc" was one of the other households i was referring to last night - and he seems similar to you, in that he wasn't multiboxing.

This was(is?) afflicting two of my characters as well! I first noticed it yesterday evening while playing... I usually multibox and two (Kerry and Ranor) of my six characters just could not be played - they would silently disconnect after a few minutes online. I eventually gave up on them and played the others just fine. 

Today the issues persisted so I tried a few things on my end:

Didn't help / no change:

Followed advice by Zackman in this post: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9192-att-everyone-having-gatectd-issues-tso-settings/ to disable hardware offload and disabled prototype reorder (i'm on wifi, no choice).

Ran the /packetopt on command

Seems to have solve my issue:

Finally, I transferred character Kerry from one game account to another. This seems to have resolve my issues on both faulty characters, interestingly. 

Tried all that milarky also but for me it has made no difference at all the "Issue" still persists.......saga continues ☹️ and to add insult to injury I keep getting these more frequentley since the server reboot on Tuesday:

Untitled.jpg

Edited by YetiGBR1
typo edits

Just tried somthing that I though may help:

Turning OFF "Block IP Fragmented IP Packets" on my main router config, seemed to work for about 5-10 mins then the issue returned on all 4 accounts so I can now rule out that out of the polynomial equation of possible support issues at my end.

So whats the status: I can play for 3-5 minutes then I have to type  "/quit" or kill application in Task manager and restart over...thus it NEEDS fixing its a server issue not at our clients end.

Question is when will someone from the EnB EMU staff actually do anything about this thats effecting more and more people? I know Woody has looked at this post " I watch who's looking " but I also know he cannot action anything effecting the server unless its in-game content... so @Kyp when will someone respond/action these issues pls?

On 12/29/2020 at 4:38 PM, Veolia said:

also have the same problem for me its just 1 game account who has this problem i dont have it on any other

I have that problem with 1 char on a solo account. It loses sync constantly. I have two other accounts with multiple chars each, they don't have any problems at all. I use the same application installation for all three accounts too. 

Based on mine's symptoms, it would most likely be a local problem with the char. Is there anything we can do to clear up a character's files on the client side?

Edit: I tried moving the char to a completely new account. It still shows desync symptoms, especially when grouped with my other two chars. They don't show any issues, even when the problem char is grouped and having issues. 

Edited by wootage

An update from me would be that I've been on for the last 4 hours with one avatar, no problems at all. However, my other avatar "Dagron" will crash the client after maybe 2 or 3 minutes play. Same computer, same client installation, same network etc only difference is different account/avatar.

It's obviously a server issue and not us.. if it was just us, you'd expect 1 or 2 people maybe.. but this is  affecting quite a few people and all at the same time - which seems to be after the server restart. Therefore, no point trying anything else on our ends... Perhaps someone fiddled with some settings by accident? Who knows? If any dev does have a chance to look and fix this, that would be much appreciated. However, I know it's the holidays; so we may have to wait a while.. in which case, please consider extending the xmas mission for a little while longer, so those of us who can't get in at the moment can actually get to finish the missions, if this is not resolved before the 4th. Thanks

5 hours ago, Zanor said:

Seems to have solve my issue:

Finally, I transferred character Kerry from one game account to another. This seems to have resolve my issues on both faulty characters, interestingly. 

So this did not resolve the issue on both characters... I found that the issue was fixed for Kerry, but remained for all other characters on that account. I took it a step further and transferred all characters off that account onto a new game account and have been problem free on all characters since (so far, ~2 hours issue free). 

I had two game accounts impacted by whatever this is.

8 hours ago, YetiGBR1 said:

Tried all that milarky also but for me it has made no difference at all the "Issue" still persists.......saga continues ☹️ and to add insult to injury I keep getting these more frequentley since the server reboot on Tuesday:

Untitled.jpg

And it means I'm not getting my Yeti fix!