Transition Issues

Might just be my crappy ISP, but the lag is pretty harsh this morning. I cannot dock or gate without the client hanging at the map screen and never completing.  Arx Forgus and gate from Witberg to Zweihander-  both just bring up the galaxy map and just sit there. Has been 15 minutes with no change.  If everyone else is fine, I'll presume ISP, but figured I'd ask.  They are finally building out fiber in my neighborhood, so in the 30-60 days this should be a non-issue altogether.

Edit:  Same issues in 5G connection. Hm.

Edited by Morrundar

The issues you are experiencing are due to DNS syncro, your ISP may be receiving their DNS updates from a Terciary or Secondary DNS server provider rather than a Primary it can take anywere between minutes to days for these to fully porpogate through all the DNS servers on the internet. ? But these issues should disappear, also if you follow WhiteOwl's and Kyp's advice (I forget which post, sorry) to flush your DNS and enter Googles DNS entries as alternatives or additions in your IP4 stack then your issue should improve.

Edited by YetiGBR1
typo corrections

I will give it a try - but what I am seeing is that during transition, the server is trying to communicate back to me on port 3544, which isn't the port outbound, therefore my firewall is dropping it.  This is easily reproducible, so that's good.  Not sure why it would try to come back to me on a port I am not already communicating on, and I don't know about allowing that IP to transmit anything to me it wants. :) 

35 minutes ago, Morrundar said:

I will give it a try - but what I am seeing is that during transition, the server is trying to communicate back to me on port 3544, which isn't the port outbound, therefore my firewall is dropping it.  This is easily reproducible, so that's good.  Not sure why it would try to come back to me on a port I am not already communicating on, and I don't know about allowing that IP to transmit anything to me it wants. :) 

Because this is how the sector server works. :) A design based on the original game server or rather, how the client connected when we reverse engineered it. Not necessarily every sector had its own server, but it did connect in a similar fashion so this is how we built things out. Also incidentally a drawback of what we had to do to work with the client. At any rate, there is a range of ports the sector server can use, these are:
image.png

I will add these to firewall exceptions for that IP, see what happens.

I can gate now, so that's good.  But the latency/lag for me is too much to play. Literally a 5-second delay between any button pushed and the action taking place. Initially, it's normal.  But after about 5-10 minutes, super delay. Bandwidth usage is almost nothing, which is great - I just must be in a horribly latent spot.  But thanks for the tips and things to try.  I'll keep trying - maybe install on another pc, too, see if the same thing happens.

Spoke too soon.  Can't gate anymore.  Looks like I can play 5 minutes at a time.  lol

Edited by Morrundar
Update

Sigh. It's just unplayable after about 5 minutes. I can fly around, but the 5-10 second delay makes battle impossible. Going to work with Cisco on my firewall, but I don't think it's going to do any good. Just going to have to wait for Comcast to build out in the neighborhood. Plenty of bandwidth to console game online, watch Netflix/Disney+, or play games on this PC, but something with EnB just isn't working (for me). Something my PC or security setup just hates.