My friend keeps getting locked up

He can move his character and ship, but he can't target anything or any npc. Then he has to exit the game with the task manager. Last night we played about 3 hours and this happened about ten times. His net-7 properties is set for Vista (service pack 2) and admin. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't need compatibility settings by and large for the game that I know of. Hard to say for sure based on just freezing, is this when gating, is it other times? Unclear from the post.

I am the player having the problem since I started playing the game. I will be fighting NPC's and suddenly cannot target the next one. Try to warp away but cannot target location to warp to. This also happens when interacting with traders. The only way I have been able to clear the problem is to use task manager to stop the game and relog. 

First ensure that your anti-virus and. Firewalls are set to allow ENB access through.  Then ensure that  oth the enb client and net-7 clients are set to run as administrator. And also run the compatibility settings so the windows knows how to handle the game. Then on the  NET-7 launcher the four vertical boxs (packet optimization,  etc) are marked. If those don't help post inthe technical support section of the forums for Dev assistance

• Upvote 1