Low(er) Profile Forum Sig Option

seekeronos

Here's a mock-up of a lower-profile sig that would be a useful option (if it can be integrated with Slayerman's database that feeds the stats to the sig generator:

If this piques anyone's interest, I have source a PNG or a PSD that could be tweaked to fit the database at Net-7.org

EDIT: I've changed my sig to use the mock up since the previewer thingy doesn't quite do them justice. :)

shortstat.jpg

post-1815-12665208386767_thumb.jpg

very nice... I was waiting for someone to come up with this... the current sigs while nice get a little overwhelming when you post one for each of your 73 toons... :) thank God the forum is on a different server or the game would be crashing cuz of bandwith and cpu cycles from having to contantly send those sigs all over the world ;)

being worked on ... coming soon

Slayerman, if you'd like to use or modify the source artwork I generated for these sigs for your version o fit, I'd be more than happy to provide you with it (either in PSD or in Fireworks layered PNG if you prefer)

I think the length would be shorter and possibly even variable... but since that is just a sample graphic... I imagine thats why its like that...

I made mine a bit long, to accommodate the possibility of a long username together with a really long guild name. I think there probably is some sort of a limit on the number of characters that both user names and guild names can be, but I recall seeing some real long names in Live...

The other possibility (to conserve space) would be to abbreviate the guild ranks (Recruit:RCT, Apprentice:APT, Petty Officer:PO, Master Chief:MC, Ensign:EN, Lieutenant:LT, Commander:CO, Admiral:ADM and so forth) ...

... and to have a definite cutoff (such as 15 characters for a name, and 30 characters incl. spaces for guild names.

Sergeant Reallyreallylongnameforaprogentotryandpronouncepw The Super Space Surfing and Dining Club - Admiral

could become:

Sergeant Reallyreallylon... The Super Space Surfing and Di... - ADM

This would really have an effect should Slayerman opt to use a monospace typeface.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why you don't just use what has been offered? Seems to me that they look nice, the work has been done and he was not asking for any favors or uber weapons in game??

Becuase i beleive seeker is doing the images manually.

The ones we are coding will be automatic from the datanase as the larger ones work at the moment, One click generation...

Becuase i beleive seeker is doing the images manually.

The ones we are coding will be automatic from the datanase as the larger ones work at the moment, One click generation...

k, thanks that makes sense, ty