Server Failed error

I'm getting an error every time I hit "Play" after launching "LaunchNet7". It states "Server Failed to respond to Login attempt". Thus far, I've done the following:

Allowed "client.exe" from Earth & Beyond folder through Firewall.

Allowed "LaunchNet7.exe" and "net7proxy.exe" in the Net-7 folder through Firewall.

Both disabled and set AVG to ignore the Net-7 folder.

Ran LaunchNet7 as Administrator.

Is there anything else I can do to make this work? I am quite excited to play EnB again after all these years.

In case it matters, my system is running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.

10 hours ago, karu said:

Check local ip setting in launcher.

I've tried using both IPs in the dropdownlist of the "Local IP" section.

The top one, which it was default to, gives me the "Server Failed to respond to Login Attempt".

The bottom one gives me two errors. "Incompatible version of Net7 Proxy. Latest version is 2.45" and then also gives me the previous error.

you are using an older version of the launcher,  there is a thread about this issue here in the forums. i see you using v1.9.9  the current version is v2.2.0 

this could be part of your problem.

1 hour ago, Woodstock DGM said:

you are using an older version of the launcher,  there is a thread about this issue here in the forums. i see you using v1.9.9  the current version is v2.2.0 

this could be part of your problem.

I've run "Check for Updates" multiple times in the Launcher menu. I've even gone as far as resetting the updates and letting it update again, but it will only go as far as v1.9.9. Is there a place you could refer me to in order to download the correct launcher version?

I've also tried replacing the .exe with the file located here, but I run into the exact same problem of failing to respond to the login attempt.

Edited by nasrin
Adding more information

set the enb client to administrator rights also  this may or may not help but it couldn't hurt,   was also going to suggest check your router some routers dont like the game  and block the ports the game uses  i set the gaming mode on  on my router

There should be Net7-Filelist.txt and Net7-Version.txt in net-7 install directory. Delete them to force update.

As you (probably) have net7/client installed in ProgramFiles directory, you need to run launcher as admin or it does not have rights to change files there.

2 hours ago, Woodstock DGM said:

set the enb client to administrator rights also  this may or may not help but it couldn't hurt,   was also going to suggest check your router some routers dont like the game  and block the ports the game uses  i set the gaming mode on  on my router

Set admin rights to e&b.exe, but haven't checked the router yet. Not exactly sure how I'd go about checking the ports for that at the moment.

1 hour ago, karu said:

There should be Net7-Filelist.txt and Net7-Version.txt in net-7 install directory. Delete them to force update.

As you (probably) have net7/client installed in ProgramFiles directory, you need to run launcher as admin or it does not have rights to change files there.

It's installed in the Program Files (x86) folder. I deleted the mentioned files, reset the version and updated, finally, to v2.2.0. However, I still get the same error as before; "Server Failed to respond to Login attempt".

In case it matters, this is the launcher I have now:

newlauncher.png

1 hour ago, nasrin said:

However, I still get the same error as before; "Server Failed to respond to Login attempt".

Check window firewall for private/public rules and remove all related to net7/client. Firewall will then ask again to allow/deny the program

17 hours ago, karu said:

Check window firewall for private/public rules and remove all related to net7/client. Firewall will then ask again to allow/deny the program

Removed all mentions of "LaunchNet7" and "net7proxy" from Firewall. It never asked me when I tried to start it again, but it ended with the same result. I then manually added them back in and to allow through the firewall but again, still no change. The error persists.

Edited by nasrin
Fixed a typo

16 hours ago, nasrin said:

Removed all mentions of "LaunchNet7" and "net7proxy" from Firewall. It never asked me when I tried to start it again, but it ended with the same result. I then manually added them back in and to allow through the firewall but again, still no change. The error persists.

Yeah, it seems to be correct for windows firewall not to ask for launcher/proxy/client and it also does not seem to be required for there be any whitelisting.

If you have other antivirus/firewall or internet security product, make sure that is not begin more aggressive on blocking.

If there is some wird config issue, then to completely reset launcher settings, delete AppData\Local\LaunchNet7 directory.

• 3 months later...

I figured out the problem. 

For whatever reason the "local IP" section drop down had two different IP addresses. 

and 

It was set to 56.1. I changed it to 1.191 and it works fine.