Suddenly having issues playing 2 chars at once

So been able to play 2, 3 even 4 chars (across 4 accounts) at same time with no issues (with exception of occasional lag and other "normal" stuff) for a long time.  Today I was farming char from account1 in BBW when I fired up account2 to send a different char to F7 to pick up an item someone was giving away.  Both chars went south at this point - the char in account2 just kept warping past the gate from Carp to Glenn until it hit the "edge" of space and the char in account1 in BBW became unresponsive.  I couldn't end either session normally and had to alt-tab to fire up Task Manager to end both of them.  Since then while I can run any ONE account at a time just fine should I fire up a second account I run into problems.  Characters can't trade with each other (frequently can't even see each other) and every time, once I've started a second account, I have to use Task Manager to forcibly end the sessions.  I've done clean reboots, checked Net-7 client at startup to delete updates, started Net-7 sessions to get clean login then clean logoff but every time once I am running 2 accounts simultaneously the net result is joyless.  Not sure what to do or even how to debug.

Running Win10 Pro 64-bit on an I7-4770K with 16GB and not having issues with any other programs.  Again, up until today all of this has been running great.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

So an update to this which has me wondering if the issue is something other than the 2 accounts being on at the same time - I'm wondering if the one account is somehow munged up.  I had noticed that when I logged on to the one account there were times when the usual "welcome" messages (welcoming you to OMP, for example) and accompanying status messages (reactor installed, etc.) had what appeared to be superfluous messages about uninstalling equipment that the character in question (or even the entire account) didn't even possess and/or was incapable of using do to either level or race restriction (reinforced by browsing the chat log).  Further, there would be messages about Groupings being broken and other weird things.  This evening I used a character (Jarod) in this account (garblesoup) to analyze and then build a device which I then wanted to move to cargo so I could logoff and transfer via the Net-7 portal for account transfer.  Analyze and build worked fine but when I went to move the item from cargo to vault the message about having been moved to vault displayed in the chat log but the item remained in cargo.  I tried a couple more times with same result - chat log confirming move but item staying in cargo.  I went to log off and was again forced to alt-tab swap so I could bring up Task Manager and cancel the sesion (NB - I was only running ONE account throughout all this, no multi).  Using the portal I could confirm the item (L7 Chimaera) was still in Jarod's cargo.  I restarted the client and logged back in to Jarod, successfully moved the item from cargo to vault and was able to logoff normally and then xfer the item to another account/character (Warsteiner on account garblesoup2).  

I'm wondering if there's some kind of corruption in play here and if there's a course of action I can do that cleans it up.  Uninstall/reinstall seems radical, hoping there's something a bit more surgical (if I'm even going down the right road here).  Advice welcome, thanks. 

Good news is /quit is working for me, which was quite handy this morning when my JD got stuck in combat in VT.  Bad news is that my chars on account garblesoup are becoming increasingly unplayable.  After /quit'ting and then logging back in I was able to skedaddle over to the station and dock but when I went to the vendor to sell loot my session hung.  Again, /quite "cleanly" terminated the client but depressing it looks like I'm in need of something radical to resolve this.

I know - and have browsed through - there's been a number of posts on installing the game + Net-7 add-on - what is the most current guide to doing an uninstall/reinstall on a Win 10 setup?  I'm thinking I may need to do this as I can't see continuing to keep trying to play and merely hope it resolves itself.

As always, TIA.

Same issue here.

Been able to play up to 4 characters without a problem as late as of a few days ago.

But when i logged in today i cant have 2 online at the same time. Both toons crash.

Even 1 char on 2 different computers (in same LAN) isnt working.

Was trying to trade between toons when the crash accurs.

The trading character sees his name on both sides of the tradewindow and the inventory goes empty. Then crash

Recieving character just crashes, never gets the tradewindow.

Logging in just 1 character seems to be working, though ive only tried docking and warping through carpenter.

Do we blame Microsofts latest update ?

I'd love to blame MS but what I described (and what you are describing) happened to me before applying any updates (I have them disabled).  Attempting to do due diligence I figured maybe I *should* check for and apply updates so I did - working same as before (as in, broken).  Pretty much just one of my accounts seems to be semi-borked at this point (garblesoup) and messed up any char playing in it after a short while.  My other accounts/chars seem to be just fine though I'm avoiding attempting any dual-play out of an abundance of caution.  Started up a Terran Scout and puttering about with him until I figure out the larger problem.

17 hours ago, Mini said:

Just tried on my laptop at work, so different computer and different LAN, but same issue.

Well that kind of shoots down my hope that it was "just" local corruption.  I've found that my issue is solely with only one account - garblesoup.  All my other accounts I can play any of the characters without issue but playing any char on garblesoup, which is kind of my main, quickly goes south.  Kind of having fun at the moment growing a new TS on a different account but will definitely need to figure out how to resolve as my primary builder and the two combat chars I'd been developing (PW and JD) are both on the munged up account.

1 hour ago, garblesoup said:

Well that kind of shoots down my hope that it was "just" local corruption.  I've found that my issue is solely with only one account - garblesoup.  All my other accounts I can play any of the characters without issue but playing any char on garblesoup, which is kind of my main, quickly goes south.  Kind of having fun at the moment growing a new TS on a different account but will definitely need to figure out how to resolve as my primary builder and the two combat chars I'd been developing (PW and JD) are both on the munged up account.

While I'm sorry about the problems I just noticed something...you were in OA??

Ok, so abit more testing...

Tried a few different accounts, they seem to work. 

Just any interaction with my trader (MiniTT) seems fubar.

When I try inviting another toon to group, I get the groupinvite confirmationbox on myself, same with trading, MiniTT on both sides on tradebox.

Other characters on his account seem to work though.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:31 PM, Woodstock DGM said:

Restart your Router if it's been awhile since the last time it was done. 

OK, I'll try that again.  I rebooted it 4 days ago to try and take that out of the picture but it's simple to do it again (I run Tomato 1.27 on a Netgear WNR3500, FWIW).  Now having this problem on my garblesoup2 account as well, which really sucks as that account hosts my L145 JE.  Here's a cut and paste of what I'm seeing (from the chat.log) when I login and all of these message about uninstalling equipment scroll by.  The thing is I don't have ANY of these things, on ANY char on ANY account, so I'm mystified why the game/program would be "uninstalling" all of these things.  This is my last session on garblesoup2 with char Warsteiner; couldn't select anything and tried to logoff but eventually gave up and used "/quit".

Log Started at: Mon Mar 02 18:18:41 2020

**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Skirmish Omega.
**(5):18:18:41  Installing Hankering String of Heart. Ready in 5 seconds
**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Power Channeler EM8.
**(5):18:18:41  Your reactor's renewal returns to normal.
**(5):18:18:41  The energy consumption of your devices is raising again.
**(5):18:18:41  Installing Unicorn II Charger. Ready in 5 seconds
**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Black Speed VIII.
**(5):18:18:41  Your weapons slow down.
**(5):18:18:41  You maneuverability returns to normal.
**(5):18:18:41  Your signature reduction has ended.
**(5):18:18:41  Installing Trifid LGS 7. Ready in 5 seconds
**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Ten-Gu Bile Cannon.
**(5):18:18:41  Installing Jaguar. Ready in 5 seconds
**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Fury of the Master.
**(5):18:18:41  Your projectiles slow down.
**(5):18:18:41  Your ship returns to normal speed.
**(5):18:18:41  Your shield capacity returns to normal.
**(5):18:18:41  Installing Jaguar. Ready in 5 seconds
**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Ten-Gu Bile Cannon.
**(5):18:18:41  Installing Stone Cleaver. Ready in 5 seconds
**(5):18:18:41  Uninstalling Seal of the Dragon.
**(5):18:18:41  Your weapon damage control returns to normal.
**(5):18:18:41  Your shield's renewal returns to normal.
**(5):18:18:41  Your shield capacity returns to normal.
**(5):18:18:41  Your HDC returns to normal.
  (5):18:18:43  We have entered Endriago Sector (Gallina System).
  (19):18:18:43  SYSTEM: All players may see you on their Friends List.
  (5):18:18:44  Musca Minor RS 6 Installed
  (5):18:18:44  You're increasing your equip.damage control.
  (5):18:18:44  You increase you radar foot print.
  (8):18:18:44  Guild MOTD : welcome to The Chosen
  (19):18:19:36  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.
  (19):18:19:37  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.
  (19):18:19:38  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.
  (19):18:19:39  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.
  (19):18:19:39  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.
  (19):18:19:40  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.
  (19):18:19:40  SYSTEM: Logging off to desktop.

FWIW I rebooted my router last night and took the night off.  This morning my JE Warsteiner on acct garblesoup2 that was borked last night is working fine so far.  I'll work my way up to trying the supremely borked TT Jarod on acct garblesoup at some point but right now happy to have what I have working.