Computer reboots at character login

I've been playing EnB on my main computer since I bought it 3 years ago just fine, today after being away for a few months I opened the launcher, updated it got to the EnB character login screen entered my password and my system rebooted. I tried it several times with the same result, so I uninstalled the Net 7 launcher, cleaned my registry and reinstalled, ran EnB config set it right back to where it was full screen 1920x1080 now as soon as the character login screen appears it reboots. I searched the forum but couldn't find a similar issue. Game is still running fine on my old system. My main computer is Intel Core i7 7700 with 32 gig DDR4, Graphics card is EVGA nvidia GTX 1070 with 8 gig, a 750 watt PS, game resides on my boot drive which is a 850 gb Samsung SSD, OS is Win 10 Home. Only thing that has changed since I last ran the game is a new monitor and a Oculus Rift S plugged in but sleeping.

5 hours ago, Arethusa said:

I've been playing EnB on my main computer since I bought it 3 years ago just fine, today after being away for a few months I opened the launcher, updated it got to the EnB character login screen entered my password and my system rebooted. I tried it several times with the same result, so I uninstalled the Net 7 launcher, cleaned my registry and reinstalled, ran EnB config set it right back to where it was full screen 1920x1080 now as soon as the character login screen appears it reboots. I searched the forum but couldn't find a similar issue. Game is still running fine on my old system. My main computer is Intel Core i7 7700 with 32 gig DDR4, Graphics card is EVGA nvidia GTX 1070 with 8 gig, a 750 watt PS, game resides on my boot drive which is a 850 gb Samsung SSD, OS is Win 10 Home. Only thing that has changed since I last ran the game is a new monitor and a Oculus Rift S plugged in but sleeping.

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to disconnect the Rift and see what happens.  It shouldn't change anything, but I remember a long time in my tech career that a cable which went to absolutely nowhere, once disconnected, solved a major issue.

6 hours ago, Sleepwalker said:

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to disconnect the Rift and see what happens.  It shouldn't change anything, but I remember a long time in my tech career that a cable which went to absolutely nowhere, once disconnected, solved a major issue.

That had occurred to me as well but it's such a pain to get to the back of my box I was hoping against hope that there was another issue but I bit the bullet and pulled the Rift rebooted then launched the game, sadly it didn't make a difference system still rebooted at the character selection screen. Looks like I may have to do a complete reinstall when I have the time, but thank you Sleepwalker for the reply.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Arethusa said:

That had occurred to me as well but it's such a pain to get to the back of my box I was hoping against hope that there was another issue but I bit the bullet and pulled the Rift rebooted then launched the game, sadly it didn't make a difference system still rebooted at the character selection screen. Looks like I may have to do a complete reinstall when I have the time, but thank you Sleepwalker for the reply.

Arethusa, I'm sorry that wasn't the silver bullet for your issue.  Possibly, depending on how technical you are, the win10 error logs could pinpoint the problem.  If not directly by you then perhaps one of the seriously technical-minded people around here. If you know how to set up the error log to look specifically at application errors it might just point to why it's happening if they are looked at by someone who really understands the intricacies.  If not, I'm adding a link to a pretty staightforward guide: 

https://www.digitalmastersmag.com/magazine/tip-of-the-day-how-to-find-crash-logs-on-windows-10/

I followed that link and can now open the crash logs and make custom lists. Looking up some of the errors I saw has led me down a very useful and informative path on what's going on with my system overall and there's more going on then just EnB issues that I need to address, so thank you very much for sharing it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arethusa said:

I followed that link and can now open the crash logs and make custom lists. Looking up some of the errors I saw has led me down a very useful and informative path on what's going on with my system overall and there's more going on then just EnB issues that I need to address, so thank you very much for sharing it.

You're quite welcome, it's the easiest to follow guide I've seen to date for getting into the complexities of that logging tool and getting useful information out of it.  I'm glad I could help, and good luck hunting down the bug(s)!