Does Group Stealth work?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, my searches of the forum didn't turn up much that was real relevant or current.  Today I added Group Stealth to my JE to help shepherd a lower CL char around to do some looting while my JE did the killing (yeah, weird, but it is what it is).  Didn't seem like the other char was getting cloaked.  Is this borked?  Doesn't upset me, just want to know so I can go ahead and do a CF on the skill and use points elsewhere.  Thanks.

When you start shooting with the Jenquai explorer it drops all cloak , hence your lower cl character is visible to the multitude of enemy around , what you need to do is have a warrior with your je who does the shooting will the JE keep the goup cloaked.

Edited by Moulinneuf

On 2/19/2020 at 8:57 PM, Moulinneuf said:

When you start shooting with the Jenquai explorer it drops all cloak , hence your lower cl character is visible to the multitude of enemy around , what you need to do is have a warrior with your je who does the shooting will the JE keep the goup cloaked.

I'm talking about casting group stealth and doing nothing else. My JE cloaks itself with the standard in-game effect of becoming "invisible" (with shimmering outline); this is reinforced with the icon with the opposing arrows appearing in the upper right status bar of buffs and stuff in effect. Switching to other characters in group they remain completely visible with no effect and no icon.  I am attaching pictures of two chars in subsequent posts - one JE and one grouped non-JE - while Group Stealth is enabled showing what I'm describing.  And, for the record, I'm not dumb enough to think that my other chars should stay cloaked after my JE breaks cloak by firing or otherwise engaging a device or effect that would do so and that's not what I was asking - I was asking whether Group Stealth works AT ALL as, solely based upon my limited experience, it does not appear to do so.  And if it doesn't that's fine I'll just do a CF, I'm merely asking to know whether it's a known current limitation (in which case I don't want to bother Dev's with a needless ticket) or if it's an actual bug for which I should bother submitting a ticket.

JE, grouped, with Stealth Group active.  Note character is "invisible" and cloak icon is visible in upper right corner.

Update: turns out posting both pics wouldn't work; deleted the pic here since that's the one that was working. If I can only post one figured I'd post the one NOT working.  If there's a circumvention to this I can follow please share and I'll update.  Thanks.

Edited by garblesoup
Had to remove picture due to exceeding max size

PW, grouped with JE that has cast Group Stealth; note character is visible and has no accompanying cloak icon in upper right corner.  Hmm, won't let me upload as it would exceed the 1.95 MB max.  OK, deleted the pic in the previous post so I could post here.

ScreenShot02.jpg

Edited by garblesoup

Group Stealth greatly reduces your visibility, Group Cloak makes you totally invisible (provided you don't take any actions like buffing/attacking, looting is ok). There are 2 types that some folks get mixed up.

Group Stealth = Others in team are still visible.

Group Cloak = No one in team is visible.

• Upvote 1

Your must be in for.ation for the cloak effects.  I didn't notice that you have said in formation. Or not .  I have noticed on my play toons that it does cloak both though on the JE.  I could still see the others [graphics bug maybe]

16 hours ago, Bustinkaps said:

Group Stealth greatly reduces your visibility, Group Cloak makes you totally invisible (provided you don't take any actions like buffing/attacking, looting is ok). There are 2 types that some folks get mixed up.

Group Stealth = Others in team are still visible.

Group Cloak = No one in team is visible.

OK, thank you for the clarification.

8 hours ago, Woodstock DGM said:

Your must be in for.ation for the cloak effects.  I didn't notice that you have said in formation. Or not .  I have noticed on my play toons that it does cloak both though on the JE.  I could still see the others [graphics bug maybe]

Initially I was in formation.  Lazy and took shortcuts for this screenshot forgetting that restriction.  Busktinkaps clarified that there's a difference between Group Stealth and Cloak above (not sure why that exists, really can't see much value in Group Stealth then, but at least it's been explained).