I can hear Megan but only see a black screen (new install)

I've just recently installed the emulator  and got everything together. I  use LaunchNet7 and select sunrise, which shows online, choose my IP and click play. I get a black window on the upper left, and I can hear Megan telling me to log in, so I assume I am actually connected to the login at least. But the screen is entirely black so I am not able to enter any login info or otherwise click any settings.

Any thoughts on a solution or suggestion?

try running the EnB config Program (a administrator, and use compatibility)  and select the resolution that fits what you want, if want windowed mode select run in window 

19 hours ago, Greyhawke said:

I've just recently installed the emulator  and got everything together. I  use LaunchNet7 and select sunrise, which shows online, choose my IP and click play. I get a black window on the upper left, and I can hear Megan telling me to log in, so I assume I am actually connected to the login at least. But the screen is entirely black so I am not able to enter any login info or otherwise click any settings.

Any thoughts on a solution or suggestion?

Do not forget to compatibility to Windows XP service pack 3

( 3 !!! )

the installation is win xp service pack 2 !!!   by default !

had the exact same problem , but I could see Megan though ...

Edited by Aeggys

All of the executables and shortcuts are set to compatibility of XP SP3, with the exception of LaunchNet7 which only allows Vista or Win8 (and maybe 7?) 

Changed the resolution, and that made the window bigger, but it is still all black.

It has to be a setting your end, everything so far worked for me when I had problems, and I only changed net7 launcher to winxp 3 mode.

sorry i cannot help you, tried updating drivers?

• 2 weeks later...