Mouse "click-choice" not working on second monitor.

Hello, everyone.

Great game and great Team who's ported this game to us. Thanks

I have 2 monitors same build (asus vw246h) and I'm using windows pro seven.

Main monitor nr.1 in front of my keyboard, second monitor nr.2 on the LEFT.

When I launch the client (through launchnet7), it load on main monitor (nr.1), thus I can "click" "name" square, "account management" square, "accept" square with no problem.
When I move the "client" windows on the LEFT 2nd monitor (nr.2), the mouse respond, but I can't choose any square any more.

If I move the 2nd monitor to the RIGHT of the main monitor and I choose in Windows prefs main monitor nr.1 to the left place and 2nd monitor to the right place. Then the client moved in the 2nd monitor accept any mouse command.
If I leave the 2nd monitor on the LEFT of the main monitor and I change the above in windows preference, I need to "play" with the mouse "LEFT-MAIN-MONITOR" to the "2ND-RIGHT-MONITOR", not easy.

I can't put the 2nd monitor and the RIGHT, my desk is not big enough and there is a wall on my right shoulder, I can only use the 2nd monitor placed LEFT and the main monitor placed in front of me.

Well, the only temporary solution I have found is, before playing, in windows prefs select 2nd monitor on my LEFT to be the main monitor and the main monitor to be the 2nd one.
Then I can play with 2 client at the same time.

Do You have any gentle solution, or is it a mechanism of the game calling variable on the "TRUE" left X;Y mouse game-windows calling ?

Thanks in advance.

Karra

PS

The problem seems to come from the call of the mouse selection when in the LEFT 2nd screen, it need to be on the MAIN LEFT ORIGINAL MONITOR, to work, otherwise need to "physically" change the monitors.

It is in the software call (client.exe), the game client-side "wait" for a mouse-press-selection and there is not keyboard-press equivalent found. So I'm stuck with my temporary above solution, for now .

Cheers. ;))

Edited by Karra

since it isn't mentioned anywheres. are you running it in windowed mode? should be able to do whatever you want with them once they run in that mode (to my experience)

also might want to have a look in Wolfie's topic:

even if you never use the macro stuff, its a great way to launch the clients and devide it across your 2 screens automagically. (works with 1920x1080 just fine)

Thanks for your reply,

Yes, I've tested windowed mode and full screen too, both, the mouse "wait" for a call on the upper-left-XY. Wich is in my case the "slave-monitor-to-the-left".

I've tested multiple macros methods too, "mouse-calls" seems to be "hardcoded" in the game for XY-positioning in the upper left, my config "slave-monitor-to-the-left" + "main-monitor-to-the-right" dosen't work with the XY-positioning from the mouse-calls, I can't modify the executable to "switch" for the mouse positioning to the upper-right instead of the far-left as of normal mouse-windowed-calls are made sometime to the middle of main screen for programming purpose.

For example "GetWindowPlacement" and "ClientToScreen" functions dimensions are given in screen coordinates that are relative to the upper-left corner of the screen, cf. the abscissa in programming language.

I was hoping to find a way to bypass the mouse-calls relative to the main-monitor and not the abscissa pointing to the upper-left windows coordinates.

Any way, thanks for your patience. ;))

ah sorry, not too helpful then.

i would recommend dropping a reply in Wolfie's topic, maybe he'll have an idea (and has notifications for his thread enabled)

not too familiar (at all) with al the coding/programming language, but you would expect negative X- values for a slave monitor on the left then?

tonight ill try swapping my own secondary screen to the left in device properties and see what happens, bit curious now actually since i had intended to get a 3rd LCD hooked up

edit:

okay,

i did a simple swap of the screen to the left side of the main screen, and it is indeed unresponsive, the only thing being registered is the "mouseover" action complete with audio feedback. but name field & password quit /accountmgmt /accept are all unresponsive when you click them.

oO

edit 2:

the AHK loading script is loading the second client on -1920x0 , so your "upper left"  theory seems to be correct, it''s not something related to AHK it seems either.

there must be somewhere around here that has a 3 screens, or a screen on the lefthand side of the main LCD?

i was planning the below setup, which to me, would make the most sense? im going to have to rethink this

[ client 1 or 2 ]   [ main client]   [client 1 or 2]

needing the mainscreen to be on the leftmost is a bit of a deal-breaker. (and having to move to the right side of the main LCD to reach the leftmost LCD , is sure to get you plenty of XP debt..

/puzzled

edit 3:

moderate succes now, should be workable with 2 screens atleast, not for my intended 3 screen setup though. 2nd windowed client manually dragged to the left side. all buttons okay.

completely overlooked the settings in the GPU-vendor controlpanel instead of windows settings. (Credits : Kazper)

nvidia:  surround config : span

amd : hydra grid?

so you'll have a 3840x1080 desktop, instead of extending it via windows settings.

think i will have to resort to a 4k screen myself as secondary so i dont get overlap with 5 alts. was hoping i could position one alt on the screen left of my main screen, could technically manually launch 6 clients in varying resolutions and drag em where i wanted (and hope none crash, or disconnect)

/back to my original setup :)

Edited by TempestNWK
update

Great, thanks for testing, I've been in the same situation with video card (switching from AMD and NVIDIA) 1 card at a time in the pc, with-and-without surrounding/hydra mode and Windows mode too.

You mention "...needing the mainscreen to be on the leftmost is a bit of a deal-breaker..." I've tested with other games, it works no-prob's, the mouses-calls are plenty recognized, I only have this "blank-click-the-mouse-not-responding" in EAB.

I'm going to modify my phisical Desktop to put the my config "main-monitor-to-the-left" + "slave-monitor-to-the-right" in your case-scenario 5 client-3-monitor  ?

[ main 0 ] [ client 1+2 ] [client 3+4].

Has I found in some topic here in the forum this happens before "...Always make your left most monitor your main display in display properties to keep the error from happening where you cannot click inside the alt windows with your mouse..."

By the way, I've made a small modification in the macro's to force the screen-rez of each client to almost fit 5 alt + 1 main in 2 monitor scenario [main+alt1+alt2] + [alt3+alt4+alt5] when my config "main-monitor-to-the-left" + "slave-monitor-to-the-right". But still strange not to be able to keep config "slave-monitor-to-the-left" + "main-monitor-to-the-right".

See you in the game...

;)

Edited by Karra

My experience is that the client does not like the display to the left of the main one. Something to do with negative pixel coordinates. Consider the clients age as the reason.

Because of this, my setup uses that monitor on a KVM to other boxes, and possible VM's on those boxes. Local stuff, I run on the main, and right display. I also have an upper, smaller monitor, that is used mainly for tools and small apps.

Umm sorry if this sounds dumb but, make the screens as per normal, left, middle, right. Then pick up the middle monitor and put it to the left and left monitor in the middle.

Wouldn't that fix your problem? Middle monitor (was left monitor) = main.

Overtkill, thanks for pointing the KVM solution or maybe 2 video cards, I will give a try. 

Spa, changing the "virtual" place, make the mouse going from the main-monitor to the left-monitor going on the "right" move to reach the left-monitor and vice-versa, amazing,  but too time consuming and left-right-center brain coordination speed in combat is Hard. I've tested too this but as Overtkill mentioned earlier the negative pixel coordinates is the culprit. I'll have to simply reorganize my physical Desktop to play more than one character if needed.

Thanks to You.

Interesting theory. I am left handed (use right hand for mouse control) and I use 2 monitors. my main monitor is in front of me and the left side is my second.

Using Hurons multi client loader and ACTools 5.5.1. I put 2 accounts on the left and 2 on the front (middle? / Main?).

One of the accounts on the front monitor is my main avatar, the other 3 are used as required, be it cbt, worming, RTS and/or summoning, I don't have any problems playing EnB this way.

For day to day use (rare) I use the front monitor. 

Spa, is the ACTools 5.5.1 the macro software ? (by the way I am ambidextrous)

Ok, as a reminder, here a summary of my problem;

left-monitor = alt character => mouse is not working for selection.

main-monitor (in the center) = main daily working monitor and main character => mouse working.

With all other games, no problem, only EAB this happens.

In desktop_0.png is my actual positon not easy to modify.desktop_0.thumb.png.bc545b3e0aacf39a9e033ad948338103.png

In EAB_0.jpg this my default configuration, main monitor in front with windows icons+keyboard and Main character, left monitor only the alt character.

The mouse doesn't work for selection.EAB_0.thumb.jpg.e73624b12f466df22df127ba15c6053f.jpg

In EAB_1.jpg I switched the virtual position of the screen, but not the monitor, it works, but to access the left-monitor I have to move the mouse to the right ;)

(wich I mention earlier, is hard in a space fight...)EAB_1.thumb.jpg.842a25814a2dabde1b6ab56f2f545578.jpg

In EAB_2.jpg I switched the virtual main-monitor to become the slave-monitor, see icons and start bar.EAB_2.thumb.jpg.e0ce389eebc51c09b1ac19611b2de115.jpg

I need to play turning my head if I want to access my desktop-icons.

This is my temporary working solution to play with alt in good screen-rez.

Edited by Karra

Interesting problem. I play on 1920 x 1080 monitors but I use windows mode 1280 x 800 with 3 per screen. I see where you mention moving right to access left screen, I was doing that automatically, now you mentioned it I notice it and now I seem to be getting in a mess. Thanks a lot lol.

Edit : All night I kept getting muddled, so I moved my desk configuration around and now use monitor in front as main and the second to the right now, don't know why I didn't start this way, Guess left handed syndrome heh.

• 3 years later...

I know that this is an old topic. But, since I am the current Dev for AC Tool. I just wanted to give the reason for this and a solution to the problem.

The reason for problem experienced here is in fact as @Overtkillstated. It deals with negative numbers. How is this? Well...

In a Multi-Monitor Windows setup

1. The main, the monitor in the center, monitor's Top Left pixel has X, Y coordinates 0,0. And the
    coordinates for any pixel on that monitor will have a positive coordinate. From Top Left to Bottom Right.
  2. Any monitor that is arranged to the right of the Main monitor. The the coordinates used for the monitor's
    X coordinate will be positive. The Top Left pixel will have a coordinate of n, 0. n is supposed to be equals
    the width of the monitor to the left of the current monitor plus 1.
  3. Any monitor that is arranged directly below the Main monitor. The coordinates used for the monitor's
    Y coordinates will be positive. The Top Left Pixel will have a coordinate of 0, n. n is supposed to be the Height of the
    monitor just above the current monitor plus 1.
  4. Any monitor that is below and to the right of the main monitor will also have a positive coordinate. Where the coordinates
    for the Top Left pixel are n1, n2. Where n1 equals the width of the monitor to the left of the current monitor plus 1. And n2
    equals the height of the monitor just above the current monitor plus 1.

But, yet

1. If the monitor is the Left of the Main monitor. Then the coordinates used for the monitor's X coordinate will be negative.
    The Top Right pixel will l have a coordinate of -n1, 0. n1 is supposed to be the X coordinate of the Top Left pixel for the
    Monitor to the Right of the current monitor minus 1. And the Top Left pixel will have a coordinate of -n2, 0. n2 is suppose
    to be the X coordinate of the Top Left pixel of the Monitor to the Right of the current monitor, minus the current monitor's
    Width.
  2. if the monitor is above the Main monitor. The the coordinates used for the monitor's Y coordinate will be negative. The
    Bottom Left pixel will will have a coordinate of 0, -n1. Where n1 is supposed to be the Y coordinate of the Top Left pixel
    for the Monitor to just below the current Monitor minus 1. And the Top Left pixel will have a coordinate of 0, -n2. n2 is
    supposed to be the Y coordinate of the Top Left Pixel of the monitor just below the current monitor, minus the Height
    of the current monitor.
  3. if the monitor is Above and to the Left of the Main monitor. The the coordinates used for the monitor's X and Y coordinates
    will be negative. The Bottom Right pixel will be -n1, -n2. -n1 is supposed to be the X coordinate of the Top Left pixel for the
    monitor to the Right of the current monitor, minus 1. The -n2 is supposed to be the Y coordinate of the Top Left pixel of the
    monitor just below the current monitor, minus 1. And the Top Left pixel coordinate will be -n3, -n4. -n3 is supposed to be the
    X coordinate of the Top Left pixel of the monitor to the right of the current monitor, minus the current monitor's Width. And
    -n4 is supposed to be the Y coordinate of the Top Left pixel of the monitor just below the current monitor, minus the current
    monitor's Height.

Now to not necessarily fix this problem, but to actually work with this. At least when using AC Tool. Then what you need to do is to add the following code to your script.

Constants
	iCoordX = 0
	iCoordY = 0
end

procedure XYCoord using iX, iY, GameName
	Set iCoordX = 0
	Set iCoordY = 0

(* The following is to make sure that 
     we are using the correct coordinates
     for the game's screen/window that we
     are working with. *)
  SetActiveWindow $GameName
  (* This may need to be adjusted to allow enough time
     for the game's screen/window to become active and
     brought forward. *)
  Delay 1 sec

(* {WindowLeft} is the X coordinate for the game's screen/window
     Top Left pixel.
     add how many pixel to the right of the game's window. *)
  Compute iCoordX = {WindowLeft} + $iX
  (* {WindowTop} is the Y coordinate of the game's screen/window
     Top Left pixel. 
     add how many pixels down from the top of the game's window *)
  Compute iCoordY = {WindowTop} + $iY 
end

Now what does the procedure do. It allows you to create a script/macro that will always use a positive coordinate for any AC Tool command that requires a X, Y coordinate. This will work for both full screen and window mode.

Basically what this procedure do. It allow you to create a script/macro to use coordinates that are how many pixels to the right of the game's screen/window Top Left pixel. And are how many pixels down from the game's screen/window Top Left pixel. So what I am saying, is that if the game's screen/window Top Left pixel is 0, 0. And the Top Left pixel of a Button in that game that you press is 150, 600. And the middle of that button is at about 160, 620. So you would pass the to the procedure the X and Y coordinate within the game's screen/window. Then the procedure will calculate the exact X, Y coordinate for where you want to move the mouse to. In order for you to click on the button.

As an example to show you how to use the above procedure. We will use the coordinates to a button outlined above.
First we need to generate the coordinate to the button within the game's screen/window.

call XYCoord 160, 620, Earth & Beyond

Then take the generated X, Y coordinate and use it to move the mouse to the button. And then we will left click on it.

Mousepos $iCoordX, $iCoordY
(* Delay 500 milliseconds to allow time
   for the mouse to from it's current
   location to the new coordinates. *)
Delay 500
LeftClick

So, we would have the following:

call XYCoord 160, 620, Earth & Beyond
Mousepos $iCoordX, $iCoordY
(* Delay 500 milliseconds to allow time
   for the mouse to from it's current
   location to the new coordinates. *)
Delay 500
LeftClick

Again, I know that this is a very old thread. But, I wanted to let people know how to handle this issue when using scripts/macros in AC Tool.

Edited by Kialia

There is one that I had forgotten to mention.

To help you to get the correct coordinates needed for use with this bit of code. You need to be able to get a capture an image of the active EnB window only. Then you can use the Object Mapper 2, that can be found in the downloads area of the AC Tool forums, to figure out the coordinates that is within the actual game window. Of where you wish to click, move to, scan etc.

Although Windows is capable of capturing an image of an active window. It is cumbersome to do. There are various third-party programs/apps that can help to do this. I use ShareX, it is free, and I find it is easy to use.