Stolen toon/Deleted Account.

I was letting Vonbon borrow one of my Progen Warriors I got from Mordor when he died and gave me his account information.

With the current fall out between he and I, I decided to change the password to the account and take control back of this character.

Today I get on and can't log in the account and the toon Mordina gone from the guild I moved her to last night.

Found out from Woodstock that the account was deleted and the toon Mordina was moved from Mordor's master account over to Vonprogen one of Vonbon's accounts.

He had to get Dev help to accomplish this as woody said he can't even do anything about this.  

If he told some dev it was his toon that was 100% a lie.  He couldn't give you another log in from that master account only that one.  I would like this toon moved back.  Since the account was deleted it would also be fine to move it to one of Mordor's other 8 accounts on that master.  

This is shady and completely over the top action for a petty thing like not being able to use somebody's toon anymore they were kind enough to let you borrow.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

So what u saying is that it is not your account?

As it was the deceased guys account, right?

Meaning account sharing is an issue.

And u can't claim an account that is technically not yours, even when given to u by the deceased.

Bit of a grey area this.

Not agreeing with the move of the character from the account in question to vonbon.

But seems to me that that account/accounts should be closed down as a mark of respect for the deceased.

Now that is how i see it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Sure but this means somebody was able to move a character from a master account to their account with ONLY the account name, not even the password.  Remember the password for the account had been changed and the person that got the Dev to move the toon, because they couldn't even log in to that account anymore.

So saying anybody can just guess one of your account names and then get one of your toons moved to their account.  Makes you feel secure doesn't it?

The shutting down part.  I have used Mord's account to feed gear to his guildies after he has been gone and for building.  So he is still contributing to helping his friends even though he has passed on.  In fact I had given Vonbon's other PW a set of turbo and some gear from those accounts when he came back.  In fact some guildies asked me to make them some item using Mord's toon so they had a device, engine or whatever with his name on it, as he was very beloved.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If the ingame account was linked to forum account which password was shared, then ingame account password is not required to move a character. Its also possible to request new ingame account password to said forum account email.

• Upvote 2

This forum and Net-7 account was Mordor's so the forum account and email passed with him when he died, so no way a new password was acquired.   Mordina was on an account part of the 9 account master controlled by Mordor that I have the N-7 log in information.  Vonprogen is not one of those 9 accounts and not linked to Mordor's accounts in any way.  This was a force move of a toon from one master account to a completely unrelated master account without him having any information than just the account's name only.  Again why he went this route AND was able to convince a Dev to authorize it seems so extreme for somebody just taking back lending somebody a toon.  Fact he deleted one of Mordor's accounts to was just insult to the injury.  And in fact Von wouldn't even know that his Net-7 or Forums isn't listed under Mordor but under another name only a couple of us know.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, iceminer said:

Vonprogen is not one of those 9 accounts and not linked to Mordor's accounts in any way.  This was a force move of a toon from one master account to a completely unrelated master account without him having any information than just the account's name only.

You only need ingame account info to transfer ingame account to different forum account. There is no email validation, there is no forum password validation.

All the proper logs on portal are there. There is a slight problem tho. Logs show that Von got hold of the ingame account in 5'th (account linking).

It was therefore not possible for you to change ingame password from portal. I believe there is ingame command to change currently logged account password tho.

Please don't share passwords. Just don't.

On 6/26/2019 at 5:04 AM, iceminer said:

He had to get Dev help

DEVs are not fiddeling with accounts in any way if it is not your account and that 100% being verified.

You cannot believe how many mails/messages we get, saying "this is my toon, my brother changed password blablabla".  We always say "if it's your account, you need to restore it by using the available tools we coded for that. If you used an old email you cannot access anymore and forgot your password - you are screwed. Nothing we can do."

FYI, VonBon sent me a message lately asking for some guild leader toon fiddeling, taking back an existing guild as leader. I didn't even answered.

DEVs are coders, not game masters.

Please do not say  DEVs would move player accounts in such way, there are people believing such nonsense.

4 hours ago, Zackman said:

DEVs are not fiddeling with accounts in any way if it is not your account and that 100% being verified.

You cannot believe how many mails/messages we get, saying "this is my toon, my brother changed password blablabla".  We always say "if it's your account, you need to restore it by using the available tools we coded for that. If you used an old email you cannot access anymore and forgot your password - you are screwed. Nothing we can do."

FYI, VonBon sent me a message lately asking for some guild leader toon fiddeling, taking back an existing guild as leader. I didn't even answered.

DEVs are coders, not game masters.

Please do not say  DEVs would move player accounts in such way, there are people believing such nonsense.

To be fair i wasnt asking anyone to change guild leader, i have always been the Founder / Leader of VGE, i was asking about the CODE to change leadership from one toon to the next i found the answer in the Forums.