Terminal Builds

Ran 3 avatars thru Joves and Mars Build Terminals using an ACTools build macro I coded.

2 built over 2500  lvl 1 and lvl 2 devices.

1 built over 2500 lvl 1 weapons.

All avatars preformed with no errors or glitches. (Apart from my Wireless Tower dropping me out )

Terminal Build V1.0.mac

2 minutes ago, Spa said:

Ran 3 avatars thru Joves and Mars Build Terminals using an ACTools build macro I coded.

2 built over 2500  lvl 1 and lvl 2 devices.

1 built over 2500 lvl 1 weapons.

All avatars preformed with no errors or glitches. (Apart from my Wireless Tower dropping me out )

Terminal Build V1.0.mac 817 B · 0 downloads

That's pretty wild; happy that you didn't have any errors or glitches too.

Thank you for running that!

I have done something similar with analyzing; trying to get the terminal to give me one of the errors Sunrise gives.

This scenario is:

1) you put in an item to dismantle into the terminal

2) it shows the comps it dismantles to, but also gives an error-message in green "Invalid item".

3a) you remove the item and re-insert it and things go fine

3b) you press analyze anyway and the terminal locks up and you have to relog (none of the tricks to get out of the terminal work) and you lose the item

I put items into the terminal roughly 250 times, but did not get the error I would have run into on Sunrise nor any other lock ups.

Either the current fixes to PTR have solved that problem or something else is going on. I'm hoping its fixed :)

My first macro built a hold full of a lvl 1 device, when hold full, pulled out, ran to analyse terminal, inserted and disassembled.

When all the devices were pulled down, pull out, run back to build terminal and repeat.

I could get over 900 builds per stack until one of the components run out.

I never struck the "Invalid Item" and that was building over 2500 on 5 avatars in Joves on the sunrise server. (I watched drinking coffee and tweaking the code, approx. 6 months ago)

This week I ran my first avatar on PTR Server using the build/pull macro. Build and ripped 2500 before just coding a build/destroy macro (quicker and credits were easy to obtain)

and never came across the "Invalid Item"

Lucky I guess or you're just unlucky :)

I ran a macro that built some 2400 Badger Claw 1 devices, discarding them as it went.  No problems, crashes, or lockups encountered, though a few timing issues along the way where sometimes a build would take longer than usual.

• 2 years later...

Old threat but I get the "you press analyze anyway and the terminal locks up and you have to re-log (none of the tricks to get out of the terminal work) and you lose the item" bug quite 'often'. I probably say I get it about 1 out of every 50 times I dismantle. NOTE: It NEVER seems to happen with items lower than level 6. Its most common with L7, L8, L9 items but that's probably because I have prints for all the lower level stuff.

I NEVER get this when dismantling an item. ONLY when trying to print/analyze an item.  So the whole 2000+ builds/rips does not apply to the bug Leanne is referring to. I have no clue how the code is written but it feels like if the client/server packet gets lost/not received the client does not know what to do and the player is stuck. It feels like this system doesn't have a confirmation check to ensure the packets have been received and to resend if packets have been lost. 

It would be great if there was a /command that generates a log to the server that the player has had this happen. It might help identify what is happening. The client is still active, the client does not lock up, as they can chat in channel. I have also had, but this has only happened once, a time when I sat 'stuck' for 10 minutes and the analyze completed and unstuck me. I do this every time it occurs now, wait 10 minutes, but I have yet to have this occur again.