Scout - Build Ammo skill questline is too long

We've gotta do something to fix the ridiculous 40-step Build Ammo sprawling galaxy-wide questline.  Granted, i'm casual, but also a returning vet and long time fan of the game, and it has literally taken me weeks to do this quest, and I'm still not done.  You can acquire the quest at OL 45, but even with a high level JE wormholer to take you around to a few of the locations, you're spending a ridiculously inordinate amount of time on this quest and all of its branches.  I admire the creativity of whoever wrote this, but it's entirely imbalanced.  Unless you "cheat" and read a wiki beforehand (which I refuse to do for stuff like this - in-game quests for main story and skills should be fairly self-explanatory and either explicitly tell you what to do or at least give hints).  In most of this questline, there are no hints, there is combat required which is way over the level of a OL 45 Scout, and way too much travel for just 1 build skill.

Edited by ghent96

while this mission chain is perhaps the extreme example, there are plenty of others that require flying "all over" the known galaxy.  Seems the early designers and DEVs wanted an excuse for us to get those Explorer points and level up that way instead of just mining, mining, mining all the time.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:58 AM, Lquan said:

while this mission chain is perhaps the extreme example, there are plenty of others that require flying "all over" the known galaxy.  Seems the early designers and DEVs wanted an excuse for us to get those Explorer points and level up that way instead of just mining, mining, mining all the time.

There might be other long quests, but they occur later in a character's development.

The Build Ammo quest is not from the original game. It has been put in so far by one of the amateur volunteer devs in the Net-7.org team.  EL by mining vs. exploring navs is not an issue at OL45, nor is any sort of "grinding" at this level.  Levels still come fast by a variety of activity and missions.  Exploration of navs for EL should occur by choice at one's own pace, not forced because of a "low level" mission.  One can think of EnB character development in thirds:  1-50, 51-100, 101-150. Low, mid, high.

At high levels is when ELs become a problem, and mining has to be supplemented with job terminals. Original live game had the same problem.

I can't agree with this justification for such a long quest at OL45.  No, not all quests need to as simple as "here, pay me 5000 creds and take this item to the terminal and analyze it to get your skill"... but they don't need to be this long, either, and force a low level player to pay out about 200k creds to buy L7 parts to build an L4 item at one quest step (one of about 40). 

On 4/12/2019 at 6:00 AM, Mimir said:

I remember the original Call Forward quest line (EA version) was a PIB.  Took me forever.  

aye, but not this long, and Call Forward was a late-game / high level skill. We're looking here at an OL45 early game / low level skill.

Edited by ghent96

Yes, the current DEVs do read these forums.  No, I very much doubt this is high on their priority list -- I think priority goes to making progress in the V'rix war.

[Not to mention that there is an apparent shortage of volunteers to write the dialogue portions of missions.  If you're interested in doing this, please see Kyp's post elsewhere in these forums.]

• Like 1