Crash to desktop upon character creation with restricted decal

Was sitting idle on a PW char for a while, logged back to character creation screen to make a TE on that account, picked random stuff in the setup, including a decal.  Got to last screen, set name and PTR realm, clicked enter game, got 'you have chosen a restricted decal' error message and boom!  crash to desktop.   

Can't seem to upload the 4.6MB proxylog (too big for 1.62mb max total size), and zipping it even with 7zip on ultra compression just makes it a little bit bigger.  Are the logs already compressed or something?

I've saved the file in case it might be needed and some upload workaround is identified.

Edited by Zarg
mentioning I saved the proxylog for posterity

1 minute ago, Zarg said:

Was sitting idle on a PW char for a while, logged back to character creation screen to make a TE on that account, picked random stuff in the setup, including a decal.  Got to last screen, set name and PTR realm, clicked enter game, got 'you have chosen a restricted decal' error message and boom!  crash to desktop.   

Can't seem to upload the 4.6MB proxylog (too big for 1.62mb max total size), and zipping it even with 7zip on ultra compression just makes it a little bit bigger.  Are the logs already compressed or something?

They're encrypted in a way that the likelyhood of repeat data is very very low. In this case uploading a log is not necessary.

I would just delete/remake the character without one of the guild or restricted decals.

Thanks.

Here's a screenshot of the file entropy / count of each byte value (0-255) in one log which shows why compression won't really work (note that each value is equally present, due to the encryption, meaning there are no values which are more common than others, including values used for text or other data):

FkQMcYV.png

The encryption is done at the stream level, so I could probably just introduce some kind of stream compression such that it is Log data -> Compression -> Encryption -> File (although the logging format is actually already very efficient for most logging events). This would increase CPU load by a decent amount but would produce smaller files. Not sure if the CPU load is worth it though.

• 2 years later...

I just hit this problem today with my second character on day 2 of exploring this lovely game. I have no idea what the "guild or restricted decals" are in this case. I just hit random on the decal part until something looked good, and then boom, error and crash. Kind of a bummer because I really put some effort into everything else and lost it.

guild decals  are the ones towards the last 2/3rd of the decals line.   btw  this particular thread is for teh Test server issues only not the play server .