A special beta test!

Kyp

Am I looing in the right place? I click on the link and bring me back here. nowhere to sign up? <confuzzled and weTodd edd. jokes aside though anyone have a link to where ever I make the account for ptr?

55 minutes ago, naso said:

Am I looing in the right place? I click on the link and bring me back here. nowhere to sign up? <confuzzled and weTodd edd. jokes aside though anyone have a link to where ever I make the account for ptr?

Maybe things didn't load right for you? Have a look at this thread: https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/12445-important-read-this/

That post lists everything (its not much, but "everything" sounds cool) you need to do.

At the bottom of that post you find a link to "LaunchNet7-PTR.exe". Download that into its own folder (if you have C:/games/enb/, put it in C:/games/enb-ptr/ for example). Then, open your file browser and open C:/games/enb-ptr/ (or where-ever you put it) and double-click on "LauncherNet7-PTR.exe" to start it. It will ask you to tell you where you have EnB installed. Go to "<wherever-you-have-regular-enb-installed>/release" and double-click on "client.exe".

You will need a separate account to log in to the PTR server (your usual login for the game won't work, this is a different server, with a different login). To create your login for this new server, go read the post liked at the top of this reply.

Good luck.

Edited by Leanne
typo fix

A few asked me how as well, I asked in PTR section if the link in the launcher drop down list can be changed to PTR Server instead of the dead link

[[Template forums/front/global/embedTopic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From Ciphers post above. Ok I'm stupid, can't find this, any ideas on how to fix it? or where it is?

4 minutes ago, Spa said:

A few asked me how as well, I asked in PTR section if the link in the launcher drop down list can be changed to PTR Server instead of the dead link

Replied back to this question in your thread in the PTR section.

Unfortunately, the launcher/proxy used to access the Play server are incompatible with changes made on the PTR. When we move the PTR update to the Sunrise/Play server we will also be pushing an update to the Launcher and Proxy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 7:13 AM, Mauiman said:

Alright cool. Now once, I could get my password for the ingame accounts I'll be set.

Post in the gm forum and/or open a ticket @ support.net-7.org

• Like 1

I had it figured out for the game account. I found the area in the Net 7 game manager where I was able to change the passwords to both my regular game accounts and such.

So, everything is good to go! Thanks Kyp! :)

BTW at the time of me typing this and posting it, the Stress Test server is now up and live. This is NOT a drill, I repeat, this is NOT a drill!

It's been smoothish running. And I am putting in all the log files here for you to study. Outside of that, I have had a repeatable issue where I go to capture a screenshot and the game would CTD on me.

I think I will get in and try to recreate it and upload the proxy log file and such.

Also, on a personal note, I noticed that I have had the entire galaxy in the PTR ALL to my self about all the time I been playing on it trying to see if it will get me to crash to desktop or go and lag out when gating and such. Been doing trade runs, mapping out the galaxy as much as I have the patience for. But would be nice to have a couple of people in there every now and then to keep me company ?

_2019_06_03.log _2019_06_02.log _2019_05_31.log _2019_05_30.log _2019_05_29.log _2019_05_28.log

there was  burst of activity and then the ptr was dead for a while, and now that its back not a lot of folks have come back. I'll poke in.

I really think we need to try to schedule a time to get many people together to stress test -- duplicate some of the network outages we see in big (3 group+) raids.

-Z

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Mauiman said:

Outside of that, I have had a repeatable issue where I go to capture a screenshot and the game would CTD on me.

Same thing used to happen to me.  I changed the keybind for Take A Picture and it stopped happening.  It also happened with the period key on a few accounts.  

On 6/15/2019 at 3:02 AM, Gullet said:

Same thing used to happen to me.  I changed the keybind for Take A Picture and it stopped happening.  It also happened with the period key on a few accounts.  

Is this a new issue on the PTR or are you experiencing this on Sunrise as well? None of the code around any of that was changed so it would be very very strange if it's unique to the PTR.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, Cipher said:

Is this a new issue on the PTR or are you experiencing this on Sunrise as well? None of the code around any of that was changed so it would be very very strange if it's unique to the PTR.

Sorry for the late response.  It happened on Sunrise.

I don't think it's an E&B problem because it's happened with a couple other games recently.  Think it has something to do with the Windows security permissions for the Program files (x86) folder.  All of a sudden, I was no longer able to save any files in any of its subfolders.  I had to modify the permissions for certain groups.  

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Charlito

Wow

I was involved in the beta for Earth and Beyond. After which I played till the game was taken offline so EA could use the servers to build the Sims. What a waste of time. 
I have to say that I’m thrilled that someone has the foresight to rebuild a great online gaming experience. 
I can certainly tell you how we crashed the servers both in beta and then online. There were a number of us that regularly were suspended from play, (we crashed the servers afew times). 

Once I upgrade my computer I’ll certainly be opening an acct and taking a look at what you have done. 
Thank You 

Charlito, aka (Crazyone) Progen Warrior 

PS. If there’s anyway I can help just ask. I know aspects of the original Earth and Beyond very few people know.

Edited by Cipher
Removed a piece of sensitive information

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.