Guild Decal not available for guild to use

Hi, I uploaded a guild decal for my guild Nexus.  Because I was new to the process I went through a few iterations of the decal and then realized that I needed to upload it as a .png so it could have a transparent background.   I think I uploaded 2 or 3 different decal types before I settled on the correct decal in .png format, then when it wasn't working in game I uploaded the correct decal a final time to make sure I wasn't making any mistakes.  The final decal is showing as 'unchecked decal/logo' on the net-7  guild decal tab.  I have attempted to /setdecal in game with the guild founder but I am getting the error  'You need to submit a guild decal to the devs to get added to the game.'  Oddly the decal actually shows up in game under the starship configuration utility but it can not be applied.  I then submitted a help ticket to the gm group which Woodstock helpfully responded to letting me know that I needed to reach out to the Web Dev team.

Thanks again for the help

Kyp,

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried the /setdecal in game after you approved it but I’m still getting: "You need to submit a guild decal to the devs to get added to the game." and when I checked the guild decal tab under the guild section on Net-7 it shows no logo there.  However if i look at the EnB guilds on the Net7 page is shows our decal correctly there.  What do we need to do to get this to show up in game?

Thanks,

Thundirr out.

Edited by Thunder1982

Kyp,

On the net-7 guild management page it was showing no Live Decal/Logo.  I went ahead and re-submitted the decal again, it is now showing as pending approval again.  The popup message when I uploaded the Decal was different this time saying that I would get a message when it was approved.

Thanks,

Thundirr out.

3 hours ago, Thundirr said:

This is what it shows currently.    This morning i uploaded the .png decal again, and it showed pending approval.  Now its showing this.

Right, bad UI... what does that screen show you now?

karu,

Ok! Looks like progress.  The decal is showing correctly on the Net-7 web page now.   However I am still unable to /setdecal in game 'you need to submit a decal to the devs to get added to the game' Should I send a message back to Woodstock and let him know its still an issue?

Active Decal unable to apply in game.jpg

1 hour ago, karu said:

Time to submit bug against server as I think I've done everything I can

Server code hasn't changed here.

Decal pushed?

Client updated?

Decal bogus?

Do you want me to try to upload the decal in a different file format or something? Its the same image that im using for my profile pic here on the forums.  Ill  attach the decal below for you to look at it.  

Nexus.png

Edited by Thundirr

5 hours ago, Zackman said:

Server code hasn't changed here.

Decal pushed?

Client updated?

Decal bogus?

DB should be fine (web code has not changed either), //rguilds and //rdecals both executed ingame aswell (one of those is needed I believe)

Actual decal file does not matter currently. /setdecal command is the issue

8 minutes ago, Zackman said:

He did, no dice.

I am ingame, was reloading guilds already, also no dice.

I wonder if the ini file /client is limited somehow, since we got 208 decals active.

Apparently my understanding of guild decals was a bit off. /setdecal does not activate decal for all guild ships, but individual ship?

Also looked up /setdecal server code. It does not check decal_file, but guild_logo field (which for nexus was 0). I thought guild_logo was a on/off bool value.

Checked decal admin script on web and it should of set that field to 208 as it did for decal_textures.ini (I updated the db manually)

I'm still checking how it guild_logo got reset to 0 (decal admin log shows it was set correctly).

It should work now Thundirr

Karu,

lol - we did the same at the same time.

I was just on the DB and changed the values there, reload stuff ingame.

I also wanted to check, why the logo value was ZERO (0). But go on... :)

14 minutes ago, karu said:

Apparently my understanding of guild decals was a bit off. /setdecal does not activate decal for all guild ships, but individual ship?

All ships of every guild member - and becomes active with next login of a toon.

Zackman and Karu, Thank you so much for the help getting this sorted out.  All of our guild members are reporting that the decals are showing up correctly and looking good too! 

Thanks again!

Fly safe,

Thundirr out