Gunney

Where has everyone gone?

Seems there are fewer and fewer each time I log in.......

Me and My Girlfriend will be on and off the server now We are Streaming are new Series we are doing. I hope to see you around. Fly Safe IssacOzzman

If it makes you feel any better,  I joined just about 3 months ago, so there is *some* new blood coming in. Thus far, I've just been enjoying the game and lurking until I get the lay of the land so to speak. If a membership drive is needed, I'm sure we all know a friend who would enjoy the emulator. 

I am on almost every day  after i get home from work 

Woodstock  HGM

• Upvote 1

I'm back after a 2 year absence! Hoping to see you all out there!

17 hours ago, Amethyst said:

I'm back after a 2 year absence! Hoping to see you all out there!

Me too! WB to both of us haha! I forgot how much I love this game. I've spent WAY too much time the last couple says setting up all my characters again and trying to remember the best gear for each. Its hard. I seem to have lost my notebook of the best farming spots (combat and prospecting) which bums me out. Guess I'll just have to venture out and find them again!

I think summer time is tough for this game. But it seems to be picking up now.

Since WinXP machines no longer run this game, I would have to get a new computer  running Win7 or better just for this game. My main machine is an iMac these days and MacBook Pro.

On 12/7/2018 at 11:37 PM, Vitaes said:

Since WinXP machines no longer run this game, I would have to get a new computer

You were really still on XP?!

And i wonder why so many private computers are infected lately, becoming a part of botnets....I can see it in the logs of the mail servers i run for customers.

Private computers silently sending thousands if mails in the background.

Seriously guys, please get rid of any OS not supported since more than  4 years anymore. Please update to a still-supported OS and have (at least) the Windows Defender running.

It is NOT  your very private problem anymore becoming infected - in fact you guys become MY  (and million of other adminitrators) problem too, when your infected hell-spam-boxes are shooting constantly at our servers.

@Vitaes

You can run a virtual box on a MAC and have W7 running in it.

Depending on your hardware the frame rate could be ok. On the other hand...you can get a 16GB / Intel 7600 machine for 400,- EUR alrerady.

The last 10% "state-of-the-art hardware" are always like 100% more cost and (imho) not worth it. Go for "current-1" generation hardware and you get the best shot for the buck.