Need Windowed and Full Screen help

Am back after 1.5 years. Fresh Windows 7 64-bit install. Have game installed and working. How do I  get out of a windowed screen and also get Full Screen mode. Yes I have run E&Bconfg, ran the performance test, and UNCHECKED the windowed box and set the resolution to match my monitor (1680x1050). I still end up in a windowed box and it only fills 1/4 of my screen. I'm also trying to remember the changes I'm supposed to make to the target info in the launcher shortcut icon. Any help is appreciated.

Oh yeah I also tried WindowsXP and Windows 7 compatibility mode with no luck,

Edited by RenoJD

YES Karu! You were 100% correct. When I ran EBconfig as admin, I saw that my original settings had not been not held. They are ok now and everything works. Thank you so much.

Now if anyone knows the info for the target box in the launcher icon? I don't remember it or even what it does.

Thanks Kyp - but I seem to remember something else. This is the launcher shortcut icon on the desktop. Right now it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe". Maybe I'm confused and thinking of another game or something but I just seem to remember people changing or adding to it for some reason.

2 hours ago, RenoJD said:

Thanks Kyp - but I seem to remember something else. This is the launcher shortcut icon on the desktop. Right now it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe". Maybe I'm confused and thinking of another game or something but I just seem to remember people changing or adding to it for some reason.

I believe what you're recalling is that people used to append "-NoClassRestrictions" to the Character Creator tool in order to create the new classes. This is no longer necessary though as the classes are available in the live client.

Note that you need to use the arrows at the bottom of the Character Creation interface in order to reach them - I still need to deploy the update that adds the buttons to the interface

• Upvote 2

Yes Cipher that was it. Sorry for the short-term memory. Thanks all for setting me straight on all this. Everything working great now. Now to relearn the game. Luckily I kept many notes and charts on all my avatars.

Just returning to game after 15 or so years..I found where I launch the Ebconfig in the launcher, but it doesn't seem to do anything..what am I missing?   trying to adjust the in game resolution.

Edited by corrupted

Launch it specifically right click and run as administrator. It needs to write registry keys and that is reserved for Administrators. The way modern Windows OS work your account doesn't by default have its administrator token, it is checked out when specifically requested for an operation.