Game will not launch

I do not know quite what happened.  I was playing the game and warping then locked up so I closed the game.  Then it would not fully start it got to the launcher and gave me an error it was several hours ago and I do not recall the error now so I finally uninstalled the game client and the Net-7 launcher.  Then reinstalled them it would launch the updater screen but it looked wierd you know in the top middle there should be 4 small boxes placed vertically but it only had 2 and when I hit play it said that it was incompatible version so I uninstalled everything again and tried installing on my D drive instead but nothing would start not the config window or the net-7 launcher so well you know what I did yet again I uninstalled again and put it back on the C drive well nothing launches still no config window and no net-7 update window.  By now you have to realize your dealing with a real genius here please help me the game was running just fine before this happened been playing on and off for years with nothing more than some gate and docking crashes.  Please keep it as simple as you can as I am not a super tech.  Many thanks for anything you can do to help[ me. I am running windows 10.

OK I did just what you would think I uninstalled an reinstalled one more time and got the launcher to come up now with the original error.

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click quit, the application will close immediately.    The path is not of a legal form.