Experiencing severe lag issues

When I launch the game, it works fine for the most part. However, after a couple of minutes (sometimes sooner) I start experiencing increasing amounts of lag to the point where I need to wait 10-20 seconds for the game to register any of my actions. 

Net 7 launcher, proxy and the game client are all allowed through the firewall. I tried turning on packet optimization in the launcher, but that did nothing as well. Proxy's status is "fully logged in". I also tried resetting updates in the launcher.

I'm connecting to the sunrise.net-7.org server.

I'd love to know if it's something on my end or if the servers are just on fire. If it's the former I could use some suggestions for fixing the issue.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: tried doing a complete reinstall of client and the emulator. I almost thought it helped since I played for about an hour with only an occasional lag spike, but now it's back, so I don't think that worked.

Edited by Heliocid
additional info

• 1 year later...

I know that this is an old thread but I am now experiencing the same increasing lag issue. I have played for hours before with no issues.

The game will play for less than a minute with no issues then gradually increase in lag until it becomes unplayable. Even attempting to logout our quit via the main menu will not register, need to "/quit" to close the client.

I have attempted the same uninstall/reinstall as above and it played for about 5 minutes before the increasing lag developed again. 

If anyone has any thoughts, would be very helpful! :)