EnB Emulator incompatible with virtual box?

So I got a new laptop, and amongst the the things I install on new PC is BOINC.  BOINC has an option to install virual box aloing with it, and since I occasionally like to dabble in Linux VM's, I figured I'd install that too.   

Shortly after installing Virtual box,  the Net-7 loader would no longer get into the game.  Instead, It would throw a 'server failed to respond' error before bringing up the login screen.   Uninstalling virual box would return the Net-7 loader  to normal functionality.

Virtualbox sets up a bunch of virtual network interfaces, possibly this confuses the net-7 loader.  

Anyone have any experience with this, or know of a workaournd?

-Zarg.

Edited by Zarg
(edit for typos and clarifications)

7 hours ago, Zarg said:

So I got a new laptop, and amongst the the things I install on new PC is BOINC.  BOINC has an option to install virual box aloing with it, and since I occasionally like to dabble in Linux VM's, I figured I'd install that too.   

Shortly after installing Virtual box,  the Net-7 loader would no longer get into the game.  Instead, It would throw a 'server failed to respond' error before bringing up the login screen.   Uninstalling virual box would return the Net-7 loader  to normal functionality.

Virtualbox sets up a bunch of virtual network interfaces, possibly this confuses the net-7 loader.  

Anyone have any experience with this, or know of a workaournd?

-Zarg.

Ensure that your Local IP is set correctly under 'Debug' on the launcher after installing VirtualBox.

I tried virtual box after my installs stopped working on win10. It works fine as Cipher said check the ip in the box, only down side was it can only run one instance at a time due to the virtual graphics driver it uses which runs at 22 fps on my pc on a resolution of 2560 x 1440.

• 2 months later...

I am working with multiple VMWare machines simultaneous, working flawlessly.

But i am no good "indicator" since i never had any problems at all, no network problems, no packet loss, no multiboxing drops - no nothing.

I figured it's most likely the default router setup many providers (esp. USA) put on their pre-configured hardware.

It's obv. not a "full NAT" configuration which is abolutely needed for stress-free UDP protocol MMORPG gaming.

For upcoming questions: I am running a self-build linux gateway/router setup on a fiber line here  at my place.