For some reason starting this past Monday E&B is unplayable.  Game hangs up after  about 2 minutes of play.  This freeze happens on  3 of my Windows 10 computers and with all my toons.  The game freezes so bad I have to go to Task Manager  and end the game.

Bottom line is that can no longer play game.

7 July 18 1642...tried to upload dump file...no luck.....I do not know how to read or act on dump files...

I NOW THINK THIS PROBLEM STARTED WITH THE LAST UPDATE!

Edited by Dogg

If you can get this to happen again, then could you create a memory dump before closing the process?

You can do so by right-clicking the process in task manager then clicking 'Create dump file'. The file will probably be close to 100MB.

I am running into the exact same problem on my Windows 7 machine. Seems to run fine for a couple minutes and then it's like the server drops the connection, one of my friends can see the system state that I've logged out once it happens, and my client is sitting there mostly unresponsive because it's no longer connected to anything. Don't have the chance to make a dump file at the moment.

I am having the same issue, but cannot create a dump file, windows error message access denied when trying to create.  I can create dump file for other processes.

8 minutes ago, tzudawg said:

I am having the same issue, but cannot create a dump file, windows error message access denied when trying to create.  I can create dump file for other processes.

Tzudawg, not sure if it's the issue you're having creating the dump file, but make sure you select the "Show processes from all users" button in the bottom left of the task manager before trying to create the dump file. That usually gets you around the access denied error as long as the profile you are using has administrative access rights.

Same issue for me as well. I have one account with my warrior toons, these toons/account fail on 2 pc's both running Win 7

My 2 other accounts do NOT have the issue on the same pc's.

affected toons:  Lunaticfringe, Spasmodialprime, Lunaticspy, Lunaticagogo

Same issue here on both my accounts since the last update: In-game name(s): Tainer, Genovin. Ticket was filed, and the DGM that responded asked me to post here to help make the devs aware of the issue.  Hope this gets sorted quickly!!!

Heya,

the SSL cert was renewed, nothing else changed. No patch took place, just a restart.

Could it be you people are using cached/proxied lines?

Karu explained the Problem once in another thread.

Oh...and can you guys supply more infos please?:

1. Is this happening when chanching sector or also while sitting still in a sector (test this if nessecary plz)

2. Is the first login sequence working normally?

3. If this happens, is there any kind of message?

4. What is the proxy's state (hover the icon of net-7 proxy in the tray) when this happens?

5. When you restart the launcher/client, is everything ok again?

6. What access-provider are you using and what line?

!!! Please make sure the server URL in the launcher is "sunrise.net-7.org", not "play.net-7.org" !!!

I remember sometimes seeing that "play...."-URL but this URL is not included in the SSL cert.

( I wil include the play subdomain next time tho, just to make sure...)

1. Is this happening when changing sector or also while sitting still in a sector (test this if necessary plz) 

Happens standing still and not moving station not moving in space in multiple sectors,   also constant disconnects  on the chat tool  i see receive logoff signal from server just before on the chat tool

on Woodstock  no  it locks up on the map screen 

when in game no message, chat just stops updating and no buffs activate  (almost like a big lag spike)

no messages shown.

******  on the chat tool i got a disconnect this is what it said :  01:02:12 ! Received Logoff Packet from Server - Disconnecting !
01:02:13 Disconnected from server.

4. What is the proxy's state (hover the icon of net-7 proxy in the tray) when this happens?

at the time I am answering this i logged in to the game gated several time docked and undocked no problem,   i have also logged in on the chat tool and it appears to be working  Now.   *******   just had a freeze just before zack made the announcement that he was restarting the server  proxy message  awaiting server handoff

For about  1.5 to 3 minutes  then it would quit working  until  i restat then again the same time frame

AT&T U-verse high speed internet

if anything changes ill pt an addendum to this post

4 minutes ago, Zackman said:

Woodstock, you have "local cert" checked on your launcher...shouldnt be.

Try to uncheck it.

when i logged in after seeing this,  i checked it was not selected on either computer that woodstock crashed on.

1. Is this happening when chanching sector or also while sitting still in a sector (test this if nessecary plz)

Just sitting there, doing nothing.

Yes.

No messages. I see the message that the toon has logged off on another toon.

Normal, just like it always is.

99% of the time. Once in awhile it'll hang on the map screen.

Spectrum 100/10

Note that I have 3 other toons that don't have this problem on the same pc.

ok, THANX so MUCH , don't know what you wonderful DEV's or GM's have done, but I have just completed testing with the failing account on 2 pc's and no longer have issues.

at least 30 minutes straight, no hangs/restarts needed. Gated at least 5 times , build term, job term, start different toons on same account -ALL GOOD...

I did NOT change anything on my end.

Perhaps Spectrum servers where not updated in a timely fashion,, dunno , hard to tell .

But again THANX  for all your work now , and in the past 5 years,....

Great way to start my Birthday !!!

Is everyone on Uverse? I had a similar problem with another game and it had something to do with how a new router they installed dealt with IPv6. I had to disable a feature to fix it but would have to log into the router to find that.

That said, there's been a recent worldwide (I believe) vulnerability in multiple brands of routers, especially in the home area. It would be recommended that you update the firmware of any devices you are running to the latest offered by your router's vendor. We cannot however claim or offer much assistance in this area. Flashing firmware can be a risky action with most things, so if you don't feel comfortable you may want to hire an IT professional unless you're willing to replace that device.

If anyone has any specific periods to report I'd like you to also report it here, i've been through the logs and so far I've not found anything obvious from our side that would be kicking or disconnecting players from the game service:

My TE is working fine today.

I'm seeing this problem with my TE and TT after about 2 minutes of play time doesn't matter if I'm on station or in sector  idle or doing something, the game stops chatting with the server. I can walk thru the station or warp around in a sector but chat stops, guild menu is blank and map screen if undocking or gating. Same computer same log in check marks on game panel I can logged in my PS and have no problems.

That tells me it's not:

Internet Service Provider

Router

Computer

Game setup

Something about my Terrans and chatting back and forth with the server.

Hopefully that will help.

Edited by Orbit