Unable to login after char select..

(This was all posted on the enbdatabase.com temp tech forums)

Ok, so heres the deal. Right around the crash I couldnt log into EnB, then it came back up before the forums did and I was able to sign in to the character selection screen. After I pick a char it shows the galaxy map and then takes me back to the sign in screen where I put my username/password. Now, the DOS window shows this as I start the client, "TCP listener unable to bind to socket on port 3500". After it sends me back o the log in screen the DOS window says this, "login check: login FAILED" and "login failed, go back to the login screen." I have no idea what to do. I forced updates, I reset the updates and got the lastest patches and such. The other day I reinstalled everything because it wouldnt update previously. When I try to get and install certificate for the launcher it locks up on me. I tried logging into the custom server with different combos of local cert and client detour, and i get the same issue.

Additionally; one of the devs suggested it might be something to do with my host file. He suggested I contact another dev (cdel) but the enb-emulator.com site is down. I'm not sure what I could do to my host file that I havnt already. I did what slayerman suggested here, but my host.bat file already had the entry suggested and all.

I obtained a copy of the EnB client demo but not the updater. I reinstalled the net7 launcher and had it all update again (client to 49, launcher to 237) and it STILL gave me the above errors. Also, upon update of the client there was some kind of error by .NET

I am at a total loss and no one seems to be able or want to help. If thats the case I'm done with the emulator since I cant get it to work on my own.

UPDATE: Slayerman suggested I modify the host.bat file by adding the line "127.0.0.1 local.net-7.org", and using local cert in custom multiplayer. I get the INV-300 error.

UPDATE: Tienbau made several suggestions, all of which I either already tried or were Vista-specific. I do not use bittorrent/P2P software on my pc or my network, and I have reset and forced update multiple times. I've shut off my antivirus/firewall programs and I still get this error.

None of this occurred before the forum server crash/game server switch. I am absolutely dismayed at this point.

Ok, there are now links available to the enb_up.exe to patch the demo client up ...

Did u do this when you reinstalled the client???

if not I would remove the client, manually delete any remaining files, then reinstall demo, run enb_up then let the net7launcher patch te client again.

Ok, there are now links available to the enb_up.exe to patch the demo client up ...

Did u do this when you reinstalled the client???

if not I would remove the client, manually delete any remaining files, then reinstall demo, run enb_up then let the net7launcher patch te client again.

I uninstalled the client and then deleted the entire Earth & Beyond folder. I reinstalled the demo and had it update via the updater. I had to reinstall the launcher and let it update from unknown cersion to 49. However, after it did that I get the error on the bottom left of "Errors occured while checking for updates". I clicked it and it said "Following errors occured while checking for updates: Timeout while checking updates for Net7. Details: the operation has timed out." Also, bottom right says current version can not be determined. play.net7.org is offline.

Now, when the launcher closes and restarts it updates from launcher version unknown to 237. On the bottom left I get the same error while checking updates. I restart the launcher and that error is no longer there in the bottom left. I hit play, prompt pauses.. I get notice from my net security program to allow it, i allow it.. then it said server failed to login. I restart again, and it lets me sign on again and the same thing happens.. pick a char, map screen, back to login. Also, the cmd prompt says MVAS thread running. it has always said this and I didnt think it was an issue. I am wondering if my net security is still causing an issue even if i am allowing it and cut it off sometimes. I might try that too, reinstall everything and totally shut off the net security, unless you have a better idea for me? I'm tempted to wipe my hard drives too.

Ok,

Can you visit http://patch.net-7.org in your browser.

This is where the system needs to get to to patch.

If you are unable to access this i would recommend as a temporary workaround add the following to your hosts file.

patch.net-7.org 217.160.5.19

Then try and browse to http://patch.net-7.org

You should see a directory listing.

(This was all posted on the enbdatabase.com temp tech forums)

Ok, so heres the deal. Right around the crash I couldnt log into EnB, then it came back up before the forums did and I was able to sign in to the character selection screen. After I pick a char it shows the galaxy map and then takes me back to the sign in screen where I put my username/password. Now, the DOS window shows this as I start the client, "TCP listener unable to bind to socket on port 3500". After it sends me back o the log in screen the DOS window says this, "login check: login FAILED" and "login failed, go back to the login screen." I have no idea what to do. I forced updates, I reset the updates and got the lastest patches and such. The other day I reinstalled everything because it wouldnt update previously. When I try to get and install certificate for the launcher it locks up on me. I tried logging into the custom server with different combos of local cert and client detour, and i get the same issue.

Additionally; one of the devs suggested it might be something to do with my host file. He suggested I contact another dev (cdel) but the enb-emulator.com site is down. I'm not sure what I could do to my host file that I havnt already. I did what slayerman suggested here, but my host.bat file already had the entry suggested and all.

I obtained a copy of the EnB client demo but not the updater. I reinstalled the net7 launcher and had it all update again (client to 49, launcher to 237) and it STILL gave me the above errors. Also, upon update of the client there was some kind of error by .NET

I am at a total loss and no one seems to be able or want to help. If thats the case I'm done with the emulator since I cant get it to work on my own.

UPDATE: Slayerman suggested I modify the host.bat file by adding the line "127.0.0.1 local.net-7.org", and using local cert in custom multiplayer. I get the INV-300 error.

UPDATE: Tienbau made several suggestions, all of which I either already tried or were Vista-specific. I do not use bittorrent/P2P software on my pc or my network, and I have reset and forced update multiple times. I've shut off my antivirus/firewall programs and I still get this error.

None of this occurred before the forum server crash/game server switch. I am absolutely dismayed at this point.

Not sure if your still getting the "TCP listener unable to bind to socket on port 3500" error, but I know a way to determine if another application is using that port. Thereby preventing another application, in this case net 7, from gaining exclusive access to it aka bind.

While Net 7 isn't running.

1) click on the start menu

2) click on the run button

3) type "cmd" without quotes

4) hit the enter key

5) type "netstat -o -a" without quotes into the dos windows that appears

6) In the local address column look for any line that ends in ":3500", thats the port it is using.

7) Assuming you find a row like that, write down the number in the PID column that is in the same row you found ":3500" . If not this isn't you can skip the rest of the steps.

8) After that to determine which application that PID refers to right click on the taskbar

9) click on task manager

10) click on the process tab

11) click on the view menu

12) click on "select columns" menu entry

13) Select the "PID (Process Identifier)" check box

14) click on the OK button

15) Select the "show processes from all users" check box

16) In the table look for the PID you wrote down earlier

From there it depends on what you find. If you recognize the "Image Name" and don't require it, then right click on that row and select end process.

If you don't know what it is you can search for it via the windows file and folder search or even just select end process then see what stops running.

I hope that helps.

Not sure if your still getting the "TCP listener unable to bind to socket on port 3500" error, but I know a way to determine if another application is using that port. Thereby preventing another application, in this case net 7, from gaining exclusive access to it aka bind.

While Net 7 isn't running.

1) click on the start menu

2) click on the run button

3) type "cmd" without quotes

4) hit the enter key

5) type "netstat -o -a" without quotes into the dos windows that appears

6) In the local address column look for any line that ends in ":3500", thats the port it is using.

7) Assuming you find a row like that, write down the number in the PID column that is in the same row you found ":3500" . If not this isn't you can skip the rest of the steps.

8) After that to determine which application that PID refers to right click on the taskbar

9) click on task manager

10) click on the process tab

11) click on the view menu

12) click on "select columns" menu entry

13) Select the "PID (Process Identifier)" check box

14) click on the OK button

15) Select the "show processes from all users" check box

16) In the table look for the PID you wrote down earlier

From there it depends on what you find. If you recognize the "Image Name" and don't require it, then right click on that row and select end process.

If you don't know what it is you can search for it via the windows file and folder search or even just select end process then see what stops running.

I hope that helps.

Slayerman, I was able to access the patch folder, but I added it to the host file just in case.

Paragon, I did as you suggested and there was a program (PMB.exe) using that and several other ports. I know what the program was and its not needed anymore. Gonna see if it works now.

.. map screen, client crashes and cmd prompt gave several errors that i didnt have a chance to read/write down/print screen.. but then I tried again so I could do a print screen... and it signed in! It was the TCP port!

I'm in again! YAY! Thank you so so much both of you! YAY no more EnB withdrawl lmao :) Hopefully it stays stable.

Slayerman, I was able to access the patch folder, but I added it to the host file just in case.

Paragon, I did as you suggested and there was a program (PMB.exe) using that and several other ports. I know what the program was and its not needed anymore. Gonna see if it works now.

.. map screen, client crashes and cmd prompt gave several errors that i didnt have a chance to read/write down/print screen.. but then I tried again so I could do a print screen... and it signed in! It was the TCP port!

I'm in again! YAY! Thank you so so much both of you! YAY no more EnB withdrawl lmao :) Hopefully it stays stable.

I'm glad to see that fixed worked for you. Have fun playing EnB again :D