Returning Player getting INV-300

1 hour ago, tsaavik said:

Sorry, I don't seem to have a 'user certificate'  management system that I can find. I'm running Windows 7 SP1.

Update: I ran certmgr.msc, and I have the lets encrypt authority X1, issued by DST root CA X3, expires 10/19/2020

I'll delete and test with revocation turned back on tonight.

Make sure you install the X3 certificate per the instructions in my last post before trying. Without the X3 intermediate certificate installed it will still fail.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uninstalled X1 cert, installed X3 cert, turned on certificate revocation check, rebooted and i'm in the game.

Note: IE still shows Valid=False on sunrise auth page :)

BTW I participated in the Lets Encrypt Alpha, so that might be one reason I had the older certificate...

Edited by tsaavik

Awesome! Glad to have you guys in-game again. Hopefully this week I can submit a patch for the Launcher to detect and resolve these kinds of problems automatically so nobody else has the same problem. 

Tsaavik, getting Valid=false on that page is actually the expected output when you visit in the browser, don't worry about it. As long as you're able to get in now you should be fine. 

If you guys have any other problems don't hesitate to PM me on the forums and I'll do what I can to help. 

Thanks so much KSerge, Karu and Cipher!! Just incase it helps a future adventurer, I always got the website served in IE (and chrome) properly with the (bad|outdated) X1 cert.

So that is not a good test for the old cert, you have to check you certificate store.

• 9 months later...

Thank you everyone for documenting the changes you made to resolve this issue. I had this issue come up after switching to a mobile access point so I could play on the move. Previously had no connection issues what so ever. After switching to the mobile access point I started receiving the INV-300 error. I followed the instructions provided by Cipher and installed the x3 Certificate. I also made sure the windows clock was properly in sync and any firewall settings allowed access to the launcher and client. It successfully resolved the INV-300 Error.

However another error came up, "Your login doesn't appear to be valid, please use the default launcher". I searched another thread and someone suggested that it might have something to do with how the Mobile ISP routes traffic. One suggestion was to use a VPN which seemed like a quick and easy fix and it worked. I'm in game with no more connection woes. Just wanted to share in case this might help someone with similar issues. I'll post on the other thread as well. Thanks for everyone's help!

Windows 7 sp1 x64

• 1 month later...

There is server Maintenace happening, KYP posted this update several hours back announcing it. I think it is the Hosting service not our servers that is under maintenance.

Please refer to:

Edited by YetiGBR1
Added content

If you can share that with folks for now on the main thread i'd appreciate it. Please note that we don't recommend long term but it'll get people in to play for now until we get this cert sorted out. It was supposed to automatically swap and did not. I'm just surprised it didn't fail before I restarted anything.

Here is the temporary solution, to play Earth & Beyond:

Control Panel/Internet Options/Advanced: Uncheck "Check for server certificate revocation*", and then restart your computer.

As soon as this issue is fixed, please put the checkpoint back there, and restart your computer, once again.

NOTE: Be careful in what websites you are visiting, because no certificates will be checked, for revocation!!

EDIT: I have put this on SERVER STATUS (current) as well.

Internet Options.jpg

Edited by Janwarrior
Updated description.

12 minutes ago, Janwarrior said:

Here is the temporary solution:

Uncheck "Check for server certificate revocation*", and then restart your computer.

As soon as this issue is fixed, please put the checkpoint back there, and restart your computer, once again.

NOTE: Be careful in what websites you are visiting, because no certificates will be checked, for revocation!!

Internet Options.jpg

That's what I had to do to log in. Wish I could have been more helpful in relaying this info to others.

1 minute ago, meepmeep said:

I see afew more made it in to the game but i'm still getting the INV 300 .

That is because the SSL Certificate has expired!

In order to get in, follow the instructions, that I have posted.

Many thanks Janwarrior for a "Work around solution," however I'll wait till they get a proper fix in place (i.e. a new certificate thats valid) as I do not intend to place my systems at risk using the afore mentioned work-around and I be abscent minded and browse someplace I shouldn't an get compromised. :panic:

Also, kudos  for Zackman for admiting he somehow missed/over looked the renewal of the certificate again (yes I know these things do happen.) :thumbsup:

However I would have thought there would be some checks within the system/administration to cater for such an oversight that ultimatley goes back to Kyp?  :wonder:

The work you guys do on our behalf in your spare time is highly under valued most of the time so whilst we/I whinge and moan about "unavailability and bugs/lack of content and yes the dam proxy.exe," please be asured I for one value all your efforts on our behalf.

Looking forward to seeing the system back to normal soon.  I'm starting to get withdrawal sysmptoms :w00t:

2 minutes ago, YetiGBR1 said:

Looking forward to seeing the system back to normal soon.  I'm starting to get withdrawal sysmptoms :w00t:

Starting?  Considering all the hours you're online my friend -- I'd suspect you of reaching for the liquid tranquilizer bottle yesterday afternoon at the latest.  :popcorn:

[full disclosure with honest intent ... I went to grief therapy yesterday afternoon instead.  Lord knows what I'll do today.  :panic:]

to everyone who did the "workaround" ... problem has been sorted.  Please revert the change in your computer.  [you don't want something nasty that could be avoided.

• 1 month later...

I was also suffering from this and couldn't logon! Changing the setting did allow me to login. But the real solution came from Cipher, thanks a lot man I appreciate it! I had Let's Encrypt X1 and after deleting and replacing with X3 all is good now! My best friend hasn't been able to login for years, I'm betting this was his issue also.