Since the crash of E&B this weekend - can not log in

I was on line playing E&B when the game went down this weekend, I have never had problems logging in. Now it is Monday January 15 (2:00am) and I have been trying since middle of the day Sunday to log in. I have left message on Facebook and was told to delete the Net7Proxy file and do a reset updates which did not help. I also read several other posts on what to do and repeated the steps others have been told to try, no of that helped. I have two issues, when I do get the Net7 Launcher to do anything at all (usually it does nothing, it runs and just sits in the taskbar opening nothing) but if it does open the application, I run the updates just fine and then when I press play I get a message that the Proxy is Incompatoble 2.44 is the current version. If I close that message then the client just stops working and I can never get it to open again. As a last resort, I deleted every E&B file on my computer using Windows 7 unstaller and deleted the original downloads. Then I repeated the entire installation from scratch and have exactly the same results. This is TOTALLY frustrating since the game was working fine before the crash and now it's borked. Please let me know what got changed.

EXTREME-PC.txt

I've also noticed something else that is weird. On the Launcher there are only 2 options boxes on the left side over by the place where you choose the server name ( I cannot remember what the options are) but previously .. when all this was working and before the crash .. there were 4 option boxes over there. As I said I don't recall what exactly the choices were but I do recall that there used to be four because someone in [new player] chat just told me last week to make sure all 4 were checked.

Final update - it is now 5:58am on Monday and yes I have been working on this since like when the server first came back online ... lol. I got it to work and let me log in now and here is what I finally did to make it so. I again uninstalled and then deleted the download E&B files using uninstall of windows 7. I downloaded Net-7 and Client files and followed the FAQ instructions to install (nothing more or less). However, I made one change instead of installing the launcher to the default file location, I installed to the default file with alt appended to the folder name ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7alt"). Then I ran all of the installation and setup as the directions state and everything worked fine. Not sure what changing the folder name did, but I am happy now.

Edited by Kamchakk1952
Problem is solved

hm, options files. Probably easiest to reinstall but it looks like that's what you did. THe launcher is referencing files in %APPDATA% that appear to have been the root of the problem but as far as I know no one else had reported such. 

I suspect you were the one who posted on the facebook page describing a message about Net7Proxy.exe not being the correct version? There is a check on it that should cause that to be updated. Deleting it and resetting updates *should have* recognized that it was missing and replaced it. Obviously a quirk to put on our list for sometime to have a look at but glad to hear you're back in.

Thanks for the reply and I am glad you were (all of you that worked on it) able to get things going again. I am not really a "computer expert" but I had a program that acted this way once before and it was recommended to me that possibly my anti-virus / firewall got whacked and was not allowing the program to run. That is what seemed to be happening with the launcher, it would show up in the bottom task bar like it was running but it just never displayed a log in screen (where you press the "play" button). I was told in the other case that I could install the program to a different directory and then my AV and FW might leave the program alone. Thats what I did and from a new directory everything ran fine.

Our code is not signed with a code signing certificate, chances are some modern antivirus suites are not fans of this and will block it. Faster in the future is to go into your antivirus software and enable an exclusion for the directories involved. Although you'd need to read your antivirus suite's documentation for the how-to.