Can't log into game

Password not being accepted by game. Password works with Net-7 and emulator web sites. Tried "forgot password" and used new password to "change password" back to original. Ne error messages there and seemed to go well but password still not being accepted to log into game.

Edited by RenoJD

1 hour ago, RenoJD said:

Yes Cipher. Just checked that to make sure. Thanks for suggestion.

Are you sure you're logging into the game using your game account's username and not just your net-7.org name (your forum name)? You can view your characters and game accounts by logging in on net-7.org then going to Account -> Avatar Transfer - this will show your accounts and which characters are on each account.

Yes I am using my game user name, not forum name  Logged into Net=7 and checked Avatar Transfer as suggested. Shows all 5 avatars under my game user name as is correct (the on/off button to the left is red if that matters). Also I am not using any special characters in my password. Just all regular small case letters.

Having a similar issue except I never get to the game log in.  I run the Net-7 client as I always have and get :Sever failed to respond to login attempt.

This is a new issue since I have used this emulator since the beginning.  Please help

This is a capture of my Debug

C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin>cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Net-7\bin\Net7Proxy.exe" /ADDRESS:38.130.197.232 /CLIENT:"C:\PROGRA~2\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe" /POPT /DEBUGL /DML

As Yinder brought up, you should make sure your local IP is set correctly in the launcher. If you run "ipconfig" in the command prompt, you should see a list of your adapters and ip addresses. You should be using the one for your primary Ethernet adapter. Alternatively, you can find the appropriate adapter in Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections, right click that adapter then Status -> Details

Checked that IP address is correct in launcher as suggested. It is. Don't know if "Navigation to webpage was cancelled" in the launcher" means anything but it shows how many players are on and I do make it to the log-in screen.

Ran debug with launcher if it helps:

C:\NET7\bin>cd "C:\NET7\bin"

C:\NET7\bin>"C:\NET7\bin\Net7Proxy.exe" /ADDRESS:38.130.197.232 /CLIENT:"C:\PROG

RA~1\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe" /POPT /DEBUGL /EXREORDER /DML

(Yinder referred to a proxy screen. I assume you mean the launcher? There is a Net7Proxy.exe file in the Net7 bin folder but properties shows no IP addresses.)

Edited by RenoJD

WidowsXP SP3. Been playing for years with that and have made no changes to my system or ISP.. I haven't played since May 2017 but it worked fine then.

I also tried bypassing my router and eliminated that as a cause.

7 minutes ago, RenoJD said:

WidowsXP SP3. Been playing for years with that and have made no changes to my system or ISP.. I haven't played since May 2017 but it worked fine then.

I also tried bypassing my router and eliminated that as a cause.

I've seen this happen with other players using Windows XP although I only have a theory on what's causing the problem.

From research that I have done, it would seem that many certificates no longer work on Windows XP, particularly those from LetsEncrypt which we are currently utilizing. I'm not sure there's really anything we can do about this until we find a workaround for XP users but I will try to figure something out to sort it out for you.

I just came back to the game also. I don't have any characters created so i can't log into game. I don't know how to get around that. The character creator in download sections keeps getting quarantined by Norton's. any suggestions?

36 minutes ago, Veroneskas said:

I just came back to the game also. I don't have any characters created so i can't log into game. I don't know how to get around that. The character creator in download sections keeps getting quarantined by Norton's. any suggestions?

You have to log into the game in order to create a character. What problem are you experiencing exactly?

2 hours ago, Veroneskas said:

Can't log in. she can't validate log in info. i'm putting in my account info.

Try following the various possible solutions I provided earlier in this thread. What operating system are you using?

Cipher,

The problem with XP is it doesn't support SHA2+ certs properly, can't handle them. Same with any older. Even 7s now on the way out, the die-hard XPs will have to give up that ghost eventually. :)

I mean I think I've read about custom patches for XP not provided by Microsoft to enable it, but I'm not sure I'd put something like that on my computer unless I had the source to go through for myself. 

• 2 weeks later...

Might, but they don't support it so, we also do not. 

What I'm really trying to say here, is that we're not going to offer any support for this. You either know exactly what you're doing or you do not, because if you play with certificates the wrong way you could open your computer up to very malicious behavior. We can't be responsible for that.

I didn't know they'd released this, as it was their original standpoint that they would not. However, I would not frown on it since it's coming directly from MS.

Going forward though, for all people.. if the vendor of the platform doesn't support it anymore, neither do we. A general rule of thumb.

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

Can't log in. she can't validate log in info. i'm putting in my account info . I'm using xp

As posted by Kyp above you; as Microsoft has dropped support for WinXP, so we have also. Windows XP lacks support for some modern encryption ciphers which certificates use now which prevent the client from being able to log in. Currently there is no supported (by us) workaround for this, sorry!

• Cipher locked this topic

and to add, you may install the above MS released patch from Microsoft to try to remediate it, but if it doesn't the only option is finally letting go of XP or playing our EMU in a virtual machine. XP isn't capable of modern security requirements through direct support from MS, only 3rd party stuff for the most part and I don't want to be trying to instruct people on what's safe and what's not if you're downloading 3rd party OS patches. :)