/postloot Lite

Gwindor

When the looter of a raid uses the /postloot command, the loot contained in a corpse is posted to chat.

Personally, I think this is a great way to inform the raid about what loot has dropped.

At this moment, a lot of Misc info is posted too: Description, Stats etc etc, and it becomes quite a long Text, especially when there are 3 or more items in a corpse.

At the end of a raid, you try to read back what was dropped, and from my personal experience,  you cannot scroll back far enough or cant see quickly the info you need to know.

My Suggestion would be to Extend the  /postloot command with an extra Argument like  "lite" or "simple" to only post the Basic info:

LX Item-type  Name 

So for example

L9 Shield "Black Force IX" 

or

L9 Projectile Launcher "Dragon's Fang"

I think most of the players use Net-7 database to check Items, or simply know by experience Class restrictions, stats etc etc. so that Wall Of Text is only confusing anyways.

I would rate this as  "nice to have" btw :)

• Upvote 3

On 11/24/2017 at 6:04 AM, Gwindor said:

When the looter of a raid uses the /postloot command, the loot contained in a corpse is posted to chat.

Personally, I think this is a great way to inform the raid about what loot has dropped.

At this moment, a lot of Misc info is posted too: Description, Stats etc etc, and it becomes quite a long Text, especially when there are 3 or more items in a corpse.

At the end of a raid, you try to read back what was dropped, and from my personal experience,  you cannot scroll back far enough or cant see quickly the info you need to know.

My Suggestion would be to Extend the  /postloot command with an extra Argument like  "lite" or "simple" to only post the Basic info:

LX Item-type  Name 

So for example

L9 Shield "Black Force IX" 

or

L9 Projectile Launcher "Dragon's Fang"

I think most of the players use Net-7 database to check Items, or simply know by experience Class restrictions, stats etc etc. so that Wall Of Text is only confusing anyways.

I would rate this as  "nice to have" btw :)

Loot lite would be awesome.   Maybe have the item's percentage too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1