Patching Works but cannot connect to server

Moo

Weird thing happened and I have no clue how to fix it.  I run EnB in a Windows XP VM and out of no where I cannot get the game to login it.  Patching works, but the patch notes window says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled".  The game loads fine but when I try to login i get an error about EA being down.  Thoughts?

Weird thing is, when I run it on the host system (no vm) it works fine.  The OS firewall is turned off on both.  The router firewall hasn’t changed in years.

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Weird thing happened and I have no clue how to fix it.  I run EnB in a Windows XP VM and out of no where I cannot get the game to login it.  Patching works, but the patch notes window says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled".  The game loads fine but when I try to login i get an error about EA being down.  Thoughts?

I've moved your topic to Technical Support.

I've actually seen this issue with Windows XP systems myself. I'm wondering if it's not something to do with certificate verification on XP, since when I last investigated I couldn't find any reason it should be happening either.

When I get some free time, hopefully tonight, I'll throw up an XP VM and investigate this for you.

• Upvote 1