U.I.

Geffin

was wondering if a costomizable UI is possible. I would love to move the boxes around and such. I personally have a issue with the loot box appearing directly over the group controls so when im looting i am constantly clicking the leave/disband button or the formation button after the last item is pulled. if i could just move the group control box up a half inch i would be extra happy. Super happy if i could move all the boxes around where ever i wanted them.

• Upvote 1

I would have never though a ui would be tied to a client so much it could not be modified without modifying the client. not that i know anything about how programing works on any lv. Thought it would be something simple, most other games ui skins are easily modified or replaced. 

28 minutes ago, Geffin said:

I would have never though a ui would be tied to a client so much it could not be modified without modifying the client. not that i know anything about how programing works on any lv. Thought it would be something simple, most other games ui skins are easily modified or replaced. 

It really depends on the game and how the developers created it.

Earth and Beyond's UI system is largely hard-coded into the client and as such most things can only be altered by modifying the client directly.

The game client dates back to the late 90s when the game was being developed it is the client we used when the game was live.  It was written long before UI customization was even thought of for games.

The client belongs to EA, there is no source code, and it it is a miracle that something written for Windows 98 runs on a modern OS at all.

• Upvote 1