error code 4 couldn't find the patch

Hi guys I was a FF back in the day and I loved this game. I was reminiscing about the good old days of online gaming last week and saw this emulator.  I haven't done much online gaming in the last 10 years but thought I might give this one a try.   I'm a having difficulty installing it it seems.  I have followed the instructions exactly step by step three times now uninstalling and reinstalling everything after each attempt.  I keep getting error code 4 couldn't find patch every time I try to open EnB. I've ran from the drop box as administrator and clicked the icons on my desktop both to the same result.

You might be launching E&B.exe rather than the Net7 Launcher or the Net7 Launcher might be targeting E&B.exe rather than EnB/release/client.exe. Could you verify that you get this issue when using the Net7 Launcher? If you do get this error using the Net7 Launcher, please click Browse in the "Client" group at the top of the launcher and direct it to client.exe in the "release" folder of Earth & Beyond's directory (e.g. .../Earth & Beyond/release/client.exe).

When I put what you say in the browser I still cant log in and when I try to run the E&B Config I get this.   I was getting the error 4 when trying to run the E&B link from the desktop.  Why is because I just do not see any "play' button to click on this screen.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

could someone post a screenshot of their Net 7 launcher.  I could at least see what boxes you have checked and where this "play' button is?  Hard to tell whats going on when I dont know what to even look for. 

2 hours ago, Keoni said:

I could at least see what boxes you have checked and where this "play' button is?  Hard to tell whats going on when I dont know what to even look for. 

Launcher windows is ~800x640 pixels (+window decorations). You have vertically challenged resolution or high dpi selected which reduces effective resolution, tho from screenshots that does not seem to be the case.

Could someone post a screenshot of their Net 7 launcher.  I could at least see what boxes you have checked and where this "play' button is?  Hard to tell whats going on when I dont know what to even look for. 

After your post Karu I looked at possible resolution issues last night and I had windows set to 125%, I changed the setting to 100% and viola the play button/bar appeared.  now I get this when I hit "play"

Capture 5.PNG

Well I figured it out and got in I got to the screen where the chick asks for name and password and then she claims my account is not recognized.  Oh well, i tried but it seems this emulator stuff is a little to much for my computer knowledge.  Thanks to the guys that tried to help me out but it seems to much work for me to go any further.

1 hour ago, Keoni said:

Well I figured it out and got in I got to the screen where the chick asks for name and password and then she claims my account is not recognized.  Oh well, i tried but it seems this emulator stuff is a little to much for my computer knowledge.  Thanks to the guys that tried to help me out but it seems to much work for me to go any further.

Good to hear that you've made it to the login screen. It sounds like you have a master (forum) account but have not created a game account yet.

To create a game account, please log in at https://www.net-7.org/ using your Forum login. After you're logged in, on the right-hand side or under the "Account" menu, you should see an option to "Add game account". You'll want to use this option to create a game account which will allow you to log into the game.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

13 hours ago, Keoni said:

I have an account but she still doesn't recognize it

I take you not seeing popup error message and just Megan tells you that login is invalid, in that case you enter either wrong username or password.

It might be case sensitive for username, not sure. To make sure all chars for password are what you think they are, you may want to use username field to see the password you typing. You can also try to change password on portal.