Moulinneuf

Players Advocate Role

You know who get to decide what the Player Advocate try and get fixed ?

Only one person : The Player Advocate.

You know who define the Player advocate role :

The player Advocate ,

Until KYP aka a Dev or or GM or all of them kick him where it hurts and the player advocate give up.

( added Kyp from previous version in because some wrongly tought he was excluded )

Sorry if that don't meet your and other player approval and false idea of what the role of the player advocate is.

I Created this post because some people invade other thread with this topic and don't have a

clue what they are talking about but making stuff up as they go along.

Was my mistake for not creating this thread sooner ,

I did not believe it was needed ,

i was wrong and so now it exist. 

-------

Pertinent information :

- I am not a Guild leader or higher up in my guild , previous PA where

- Some PA quit to become DEV , I asked to help to be GM  1 year before becomin PA to

BL and GM and DEV ignored my request completly.

- Most PA quit due to fatigue and lack of progress on there goals other due to role change. 

- I was the only one to offer to be Player Advocate after a failled call for candicacy Open to All.

- There is a Burn to the ground ENB EMU movement that don't want it to see continue. They target me.

- There is a Kill the raid rotation by some who don't respect any rule. They Target me for trying to fix the problem

- Their are some player who hate me for doing the job fully because they think the PA is suppose to be silent 

as they don't know the work and have never done it themself.

-----------

Feel free to discuss here. I am not gonna participate at all.

Insult will be deleted/hidden by the dev / GM if they feel like it 

Again, I don't have delete access and outside poll I never had to hide unrelated comment

Edited by Moulinneuf
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Gwindor    3

As a returning Emulator player after a long time, My feelings about this post are pretty negative.

I dont have a clue what happened in the past, but this kind of posts are bad for the community, and not exactly helping you fit in the player advocate roll.

If we dont want new or returning forum visitors give a negative feeling about this community and the player advocate roll, or against you as a player, consider deleting this topic.

It is adding nothing positve actualy, thats my opinion.

Fly safe !

• Upvote 2

Corveck    1

I agree with Gwindor. 

This post, to me, sounds like nothing more then the rambling of a frustraded man who wants everyone to know HE is in charge and &^$* the rest.

Delete the post or rewrite it and leave out the frustration.

• Upvote 1

Mimir[IS]    104

I'm not sure why Mouli got dinged for this post, was not terribly negative to me.  I've known Mouli forever it seems, played EnB way way back, Ryzom, COH, POTBS... and he has always been an upstanding player.   Aye we have had some differences (he is from Canada after all) but he is correct! the PA position is not just a conduit.  At least not since Alurra's reign.  Give him a chance he may just surprise you... 

i agree with mimir...i can understand why mouli posted this thread,it can be frustrating to be a advocate sometimes because the advocate is taking the public`s issues/suggestions to the dev team and implement them.remember that the advocate is the go to person to communicate with the dev team and that can be frustrating sometimes...so far i think mouli has done a great job,so keep up the good work

shaka    2

Hard for a thread to make consistent sense when posts are edited.  I honestly would consider that participating.  Maybe this thread needs a fresh reboot to be more relevant and not make people's posts seem unfit.

Flip    36
15 hours ago, cimbad said:

i agree with mimir...i can understand why mouli posted this thread,it can be frustrating to be a advocate sometimes because the advocate is taking the public`s issues/suggestions to the dev team and implement them.remember that the advocate is the go to person to communicate with the dev team and that can be frustrating sometimes...so far i think mouli has done a great job,so keep up the good work

I think the issue that prompted this thread is that Mouli has decided that the Advocate has a different role than what you posted above...here's what was said by Mouli in a separate post:

"Player ( singular ) Advocate as these position and task actually :

1) Neutral and moderator in Guild rotation discussion.

2) Arbiter of who's in the guild rotation based on usage and membership and guild wishes ( epic for example don't want a spot ) , not player feeling/opinions

3) Developper , updater, informer, requester and suggester.   .  

4) Informing all the player by public directed update

5) Help drafting the server wide rule as to be clear and understood and agreed by all"

Now I'm all for him trying to help resolve problems, but if he decided on his own that he now has the authority to kick guilds out and assign new guilds to the raid rotation, that is where I have some concerns.  Maybe this was just a misunderstanding and he didn't mean to use the word "Arbiter" to describe his position as that implies he has final say over the matter.  But his subsequent posts have certainly not shown he's backing off from that statement.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Flip said:

I think the issue that prompted this thread is that Mouli has decided that the Advocate has a different role than what you posted above...here's what was said by Mouli in a separate post:

"Player ( singular ) Advocate as these position and task actually :

1) Neutral and moderator in Guild rotation discussion.

2) Arbiter of who's in the guild rotation based on usage and membership and guild wishes ( epic for example don't want a spot ) , not player feeling/opinions

3) Developper , updater, informer, requester and suggester.   .  

4) Informing all the player by public directed update

5) Help drafting the server wide rule as to be clear and understood and agreed by all"

Now I'm all for him trying to help resolve problems, but if he decided on his own that he now has the authority to kick guilds out and assign new guilds to the raid rotation, that is where I have some concerns.  Maybe this was just a misunderstanding and he didn't mean to use the word "Arbiter" to describe his position as that implies he has final say over the matter.  But his subsequent posts have certainly not shown he's backing off from that statement.

I agree with Flip.  It's one thing to try to help facilitate the discussion of the raid rotation, but it's another to state that you have the final say over the matter.  

The advocate is supposed to listen to different points of view, gather an overall consensus, and then have the playerbase vote on the most popular view.   He then takes the decided upon viewpoint to the Devs for discussion and then "advocates" on playerbase's behalf.

So far individuals with opposing viewpoints have been openly insulted and their viewpoints dismissed.   The Advocate has also been biased towards his own views and touted his authority over the matter.

• Upvote 2

Gunney    45

Mouli, As a player, I 100% support his opinion

Mouli, As a member of his guild, if he has been chosen to speak for them  I 100% support that also

On the matter of the rotation however, the Devs have stated many many times, they will have nothing to do with it, it is a player matter.

No Dev involvement,  the Adv has no place in the discussion

If he changes to his login name that does not have the "ADV" logo on it  100% accept HIS point of view on the rotation

Its a matter of Church and State

Thuvia    0

Well Gunny its probably a good time for him to change his log-in name. Sorry Mouli but you have not done a good job. As replacements I'd vote for Lactris from Epic, Traderben from Damage Inc, Machinegunbob Builders Inc

change name as in no longer advocate

Edited by Thuvia
clarity
  • Downvote 1

Mimir[IS]    104

Wow, I don't remember your name or any of those you mentioned even expressing interest in the position of PA... I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Just saying.

Mim

Ravina    8

I have been back for over 1 year and lately been off and on but since I have met Mouli he has been nothing but a great person helping anyone he can and does not rest till he helps people. So I am suprised on the whole approach he has taken on the role. Perhaps just a mis understanding but you have come across as dictating stuff and not so much as someone who has here to help as advocate for the players. I believe he has good intentions on what he is doing but perhaps have to work on being more neutral and i think the whole rotation won't and get fixed by a single person and for sure not the advocate deciding on who and which guilds are in or out.

It is true nobody wanted or was interested in position before he express interest on it. So perhaps we also being on hard on him but Mouli don't give people ammunition to hate on you. The posts i have read from you have been very hostile towards anyone who does not agree with you and that's not a good thing. I think you should take note on how old PA, Ben and Shadowalker only ones I know where PA and they are great communicators and talk and keep peace with community. I wasn't here when other PA where active.

Either way this us just a game :) and perhaps we all take it way to serious lol.

Ravina 

Mimir[IS]    104

Mouli! Cool it I'm not sure everyone gets you...

Everyone else back off... 

Just saying,

Mim

Kyp [LDEV]    239

I'm dropping by to clarify something:

I'm not sure this has ever been made clear but the ADV is not a developer, it does not have any powers within the game whatsoever (and never will). It is a tag that identifies them to you, the player base, as the elected representative. It is as somewhat stated, a conduit of a written bit of information in a staging forum each week which keeps us abreast of things. I allow the advocate to sit in on some parts of the dev meeting, which is usually the beginning and review of things we've already made "public" to him. New bits are added now and again but as an elected player representative the only will they are subject to is the player base. If you want to vote for a new one, you could. If you don't you can re-elect the same one. There was originally a term limit because it used to be a more interesting position I suppose. The last few elections there haven't been many to step up or confirm that they'd be interested. We're trying with the position to make sure we pick up the most relevant bits to improve the game in a way that is more interesting faster while being able to fix any bugs we introduce.

I will say this for the current Advocate. There is a bit of language difference and translating that is going on. U.S. English I don't believe is a first language. It may be that like Mimir indicates he is not making himself clear the way he means to.

Anyway, adieu, do with the information as you will.

• Downvote 1

B3RT0    1

So I'm curious as to who all plays actively? I'd say I'm at a half week playing at best but I still get in TS and know what's going on (which says more than a good majority of the server) Let's cut the script talk and get down to it. A PA is the person that speaks for the game players, but are the gamers communicating with the PA? No, they aren't, we are just playing the game and then some people wanna bitch about it. If we want some real progress then guess what, we have TS. Lets be honest, only a handful of us use it, the rest just refuse to use it and others say some bullshit excuse, like it makes me lag. You do realize it takes nothing to run on yer computer. If you wanna bitch about topics then bring it to the TS, I'm pretty sure it will solve more than crying about it on here. Just my rant.

-Machinegunbob-

Edited by B3RT0