On 10.9.2017 at 3:14 PM, karu said:

ESET is doing Man-In-The-Middle attack by replacing all https cerificates with his own to listen in what you doing on the web...

Weired Provider in the U.S., why do they manipulate/alter customer data streams?! :blink:

Unthinkable here in Europe.

On 6.10.2017 at 8:21 PM, eigengrau said:

I was able to download and install the certificate, but IE was still not accepting it.

IE?!?!  Remove that pile-of-shit from your computer, it's highly insecure, non-standard and full of bugs.

On 15.10.2017 at 11:10 PM, Kyp said:

This seems to be a somewhat common problem with Let'sEncrypt certificates.

No, LE Certs are officially accepted everywhere, even Windows has "DST Root CA X3" certificates in the Windows Trust Store.

There is something wrong on the endpoint computer.

ESET is an AV provider.

We can't generally remove IE from our computers, unless we've installed Windows N (the EU version)

@@Zackman

On 10/15/2017 at 5:10 PM, Kyp said:

This seems to be a somewhat common problem with Let'sEncrypt certificates.

for Quote 3, Kyp didn't say that, Kyp quoted someone who said that. Not sure if that's a bug or you misread it.

On 10/15/2017 at 3:10 PM, Kyp said:

This is an interesting observation but I think maybe you need to qualify it a bit. What operating system? 

Looking in my Trusted Root Store for Windows 10 I have this and I have never intentionally loaded it on my own. The certificate root is named 'DST Root CA X3'. You weren't making this observation simply because the friendly name did not contain "Let's Encrypt" were you?

https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/
https://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/how-does-lets-encrypt-gain-your-browsers-trust/

Windows 7. Here's a confounding fact I noticed after posting. Both of my computers run Windows 7 and are up-to-date. Both were somewhat recently clean-installed and are only used for non-Linux software. I was able to login fine with the laptop, but not the desktop. If I remember the wording from the desktop's certificate viewer correctly, it said that the certificate from Let's Encrypt was recognized as a valid certificate, but the root authority DST Root CA X3 was not recognized. After going through the steps for adding DST Root CA X3, the login worked on the first try.

In other words, no I wasn't making that observation because the name didn't include "Let's Encrypt".

To say it's a "somewhat common" problem with Let's Encrypt is probably an overstatement, but it is definitely not unheard of. I found many threads about "Could not check ssl certificate status" issues with the common factor between my problem and theirs being a Let's Encrypt certificate that wasn't accepted. (That's not to say the cause was always the same.) If I had used Windows more, I would've eventually run into problems on other sites that rely on DST Root CA X3.

Edited by eigengrau

can i make another suggestion based on the inv300 issue.i have also found that when you download the 2 core programs from net7.org players do not download them in sequence....what i mean is that they download the net7installer first then the enb client....what i have found and tested is that you will get the inv300 error if you download the net7 installer first...when i downloaded the enbclient first then ran it then i downloaded the net7 installer and ran it,it patched to the current net7 launcher and ran without a glitch...when i downloaded the net7installer first and ran it,it always hung up on the inv300 error...this is just something i noticed and may be what is causing some of the inv300 issues i have been noticing here in the fourms lately...so to conclude,you must download the enb client first and run it then download the net7 installer next and run it for it to patch/update correctley to play enb...i hope this helps in troubleshooting these inv300 issues

The Net-7 Installer has never been meant to be run before you install the game. I never thought to try it but it should fail without the game to patch. Guess I didn't put the logic for that in there.

That's pretty funny.  Way back when software was distributed on floppy disks, we had a tester put the damn disk in the drive backwards or upside down, whatever way... it ended up we had to account for it before release.  It's hard to account for every thing that someone would or could do. 

Mim