Can not get into the game. After Net7 is done patching I click play and can't log in due to INV-300 error. Trying to troubleshoot. I believe it is an issue with the certificate.

When I go to LaunchNet7 > Help > Check Certificate

it errors with

Could not check ssl certificate status. Details: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

I am running Windows 7 SP1 32bit with ESET Smart Security 10

Tried turning off my firewall and antivirus but I still get the same INV-300 when I try and connect and the same error when I try and check the certificate.

Please help. I would really like to play EnB again.

From error log

Spoiler

LaunchNet7 - Exception
Version: 2.2.0.0 
Time: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 17:10:43 GMT 
System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at LaunchNet7.CertificationUtility.IsSslCertificateValid(String hostName, Int32 port)
   at LaunchNet7.FormMain.DoCheckCertificate() 

I use the certificate option only when play solo. You can try net7proxy.exe /LADDRESS:0 /ADDRESS:38.130.197.232 /CLIENT:"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe" /POPT /EXREORDER /DML from console (in run CMD, with like admin ), I use that on wine-mac.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your response Antflyer, Launched your recommend command in a run as administrator command terminal. Still get INV-300 error.

I have installed on a different computer running Windows 7 and also get the same error. Same log entry for the error as well. Still working the problem. Going to try uninstalling everything and also my security suite ESET then reinstalling EnB before installing ESET. This seems drastic but that is the only other thing I can find on this forum to do. Open to any troubleshooting suggestions as I would rather not uninstall my antivirus/firewall.

That inv 300 pops up on me every once in a while. I just started spamin the the thing, when error pops up ok it, then hit accept, sometimes it takes 5 or 6 times but it goes. This works for me. I clicked the link above too and it says false, and this install is logging in with no error.

Local cert box is not checked. On either computer. Also tried the spamming approach, after 30+ times of INV-300 I stopped. Will switching to Windows 10 fix this issue or make more?

Edit: Found the error log in a different spot. In "Advanced Settings"

Spoiler

09:13:24: Found 1 servers in (sunrise.net-7.org)
09:13:24: Trying server: (sunrise.net-7.org)
09:13:24: Could not send HTTP request.                
    Last Error              : 12045                
    Description             : Error Description Not Found
09:13:24: GetTicketSync(1) failed with IAUTHORIZE_BAD_CONNECTION.                
    User                    : trekkiejonny                
    Password Context        : NOT NULL, NOT ZERO LENGTH                
    ServiceID               : 2184                
    Auth Login Base Service : AuthLogin                
    Auth Login Server       : sunrise.net-7.org                
    Code                    : INV-300                
    Text                    : EA.com is temporarily unavailable. This may be due to routine server maintenance or a problem with your Internet Service Provider. Please check your ISP connection or try again later. (INV-300)

Edited by trekkiejonny
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, petermor said:

Hello Yall 

I was having the same issue. I unchecked "check for server certification revocation" within the security section of IE internet options. I then restarted my computer and was able to log in 

THANK YOU! I owe you a beer!
tenor.gif

For whatever reason it seems to be having trouble checking our cert status it would seem, so try the following:

Open your browser to https://sunrise.net-7.org/AuthLogin, after the patch loads you should be able to download the certificate from the browser. Grab that and manually install it, see if this rectifies the issue. If not I'll be home on Sunday and can look into the why.

An example in Google Chrome is to visit the above page, hit F12 and then at the bottom 'View Certificate' from there you can download it and manually install it.

Capture.JPG

Stil no go, but I have made some progress in troubleshooting. Put together a virtual box win7 to do some testing. Did not install my firewall software. EnB + Net7 installed, patched just fine, and installed the certificate. Went to check the certificate and success, it checked out, no INV-300. Now here is the odd part. When I went to https://sunrise.net-7.org/AuthLogin to look at the certificate it was from a different issuer then on the main host computer/my laptop. My guess is somewhere along the line my firewall + antivirus software ESET Smart Security must have switched out the certificate. Tried to export the good cert back into the host computer but that did not work. Attached screen shots and the abnormal cert from laptop.

Will run some more virtual box installs with firewall software ESET to try and recreate what happened.

Side note. Still could not get past the login screen in virtual box. "I'm sorry your user name and password are not recognized". Can deal with that frustration later.

Host Computer Cert.jpg

VirtualBox Computer Cert.jpg

Firefox-sunrisenet-7org (ESET).crt

Edited by trekkiejonny
Organizing information

13 hours ago, trekkiejonny said:

My guess is somewhere along the line my firewall + antivirus software ESET Smart Security must have switched out the certificate. Tried to export the good cert back into the host computer but that did not work. Attached screen shots and the abnormal cert from laptop.

ESET is doing Man-In-The-Middle attack by replacing all https cerificates with his own to listen in what you doing on the web... or at least for all the websites it does not recognize (google would not work otherwise)

They call it banking protection (or other marketing term). You can disable it... if you still trust them.

2 hours ago, karu said:

They call it banking protection (or other marketing term). You can disable it... if you still trust them.

They do indeed bundle banking protection into the security suite. After I disable it how do I go about purging the ESET certificates and replacing them with the real ones?

Writing up a complete workup of what happened and how they need to tell me how to undo the issue. Leaving the desktop how it is for when they get back to me but in the mean time I reformatted my laptop and have not installed ESET this time. EnB and Net7 installed and certificates checks just fine. Get to the login screen and no INV-300 :D However, I get "Your login information wasn't accepted. Would you mind trying again?" :( *long sigh*. I can log on here and net-7.org no problem. Just not the game. So I decided to create a new account to test if I can actually get into the game. I did and I can :D YAY!. Also fixed my account by changing the password. Thank you everyone for all your help. I will continue to run tests with ESET to see if there is a setting to prevent it from swapping certs and also will post what I hear back from them on reversing the damage. Finally fixed and I am too exhausted to play.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll add this for anyone else who ends up in this thread and can't resolve their login problem with other advice offered in this and other threads.

I was able to download and install the certificate, but IE was still not accepting it. It turns out that the root certificate authority wasn't listed in my Trusted Root Certification Authorities list, which you can view under Internet Options. I found directions to import the root certificate and I can login fine now. This seems to be a somewhat common problem with Let'sEncrypt certificates.

Importing malicious certificates can seriously compromise security, so I'll leave it to others to do at their own risk. Or maybe someone more knowledgeable can offer some reputable resources.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2017 at 2:21 PM, eigengrau said:

I'll add this for anyone else who ends up in this thread and can't resolve their login problem with other advice offered in this and other threads.

I was able to download and install the certificate, but IE was still not accepting it. It turns out that the root certificate authority wasn't listed in my Trusted Root Certification Authorities list, which you can view under Internet Options. I found directions to import the root certificate and I can login fine now. This seems to be a somewhat common problem with Let'sEncrypt certificates.

Importing malicious certificates can seriously compromise security, so I'll leave it to others to do at their own risk. Or maybe someone more knowledgeable can offer some reputable resources.

This is an interesting observation but I think maybe you need to qualify it a bit. What operating system? 

Looking in my Trusted Root Store for Windows 10 I have this and I have never intentionally loaded it on my own. The certificate root is named 'DST Root CA X3'. You weren't making this observation simply because the friendly name did not contain "Let's Encrypt" were you?

https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/
https://www.blackhillsinfosec.com/how-does-lets-encrypt-gain-your-browsers-trust/

Karu's idea is correct, in that ESET is breaking this by injecting its own stuff into the connection. Unfortunately, this is common practice for most security softwares available.

Another way around this issue, might be to create rule exceptions in your security software. I do this for my own stuff, in Kaspersky. Both the folder paths to the EnB game folders, and the net-7 folders, should be added to general AV exceptions to exclude them from any security activity.  On the firewall side, create a rule to "allow always:" Game:  client.exe     Net-7:  LaunchNet7.exe, net7proxy.exe