Weird Update Failure

Coming back after a long hiatus, having a strange update failure message. Everything updates fine until the very end when I get this message:

"Update failed. Downloaded file is invalid. Hash of downloaded file and hash of server manifest does not match.

FILE H:\EA GAMES\Earth and Beyond\client\text\credits.html"

Now I am using the actual release CD's from back in the day for install. The game runs fine if I choose skip after update, but the launcher will continuously say it can't determine current version.

Not sure how to fix this and if it is affecting anything in game that I should be worried about. As I said, I can log in to the game and play if I just choose skip at the end of the patching, it's just annoying to have to keep doing that every time I launch Net7 launcher. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

vegasbilly

Delete the mentioned file and trigger the download again, it should pull it down. It's saying the local copy of the file and what we have on the patch server have some sort of discrepancy it can't reconcile.